+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season ticket 2021/22

[QUOTE=stokearab;39719332

You're just a big ego attention seeker.[/QUOTE]

Folk usually dish out personal abuse when they completely lose the argument. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    “Wee secret society” that was open to everyone and properly regulated - really?
    Here's your chance then. How much have ArabTrust donated to United unconditionally in the last 12 months?

This shouldn't be too difficult even for you.
    It's a number. It begins with a £ sign and has figures after it. How much?

I'm willing to bet you will bottle it or try to deflect.

How much?

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Here's your chance then. How much have ArabTrust donated to United unconditionally in the last 12 months?

This shouldn't be too difficult even for you.
    It's a number. It begins with a £ sign and has figures after it. How much?

I'm willing to bet you will bottle it or try to deflect.

How much?
    I’m an individual I’m not ArabTRUST so you’re asking an illogical question.

However I do know of ArabTRUST members who have spent £ thousands in sponsorship, season tickets and the Utd lottery. In fact members of all supporters’ groups have dug deep into their pockets thankfully for the benefit of Dundee United this season.

By the way this thread isn’t about ArabTRUST is it?
    Last edited by Retired Arab; 03-03-2021 at 01:24 AM.

Folk usually dish out personal abuse when they completely lose the argument. Thanks
    I don't think it qualifies as personal abuse because it's not really abusive at all.

See, the thing that annoys me here is I can accept any fan of any club having a go at United on this board, on the radio, on TV or anywhere, but what boils my piss is when so called United fans have a sniping agenda from within the fan base. Especially at this of all times.

The last 18 months has been maybe the biggest challenge the club has faced since we ran out of cash to pay the wages one season in the '50's, long before Taypools secured our future, but despite this you're on the radio having a go at the owners, at Tony Asghar and starting stirring anti United threads on message boards.

You don't like being called out but you have no answers. Your wee cabal should reject you for attacking the club at a time when as a support we need to be together as one.

I’m an individual I’m not ArabTRUST so you’re asking an illogical question.

However I do know of ArabTRUST members who have spent £ thousands in sponsorship, season tickets and the Utd lottery. In fact members of all supporters’ groups have dug deep into their pockets thankfully for the benefit of Dundee United this season.

By the way this thread isn’t about ArabTRUST is it?
    I think the point is that ArabTrust have never been transparent whereas DUSF so far seem to be very open about their fundraising and the way in which they're offered to the club, and at least so far unconditionally and without ties.

In your first post you seem to be disappointed that "Mr Bond is promoting DUSF". Very negative about an organisation that's handed over a lot of money at a time when the club needs it.

I think the point is that ArabTrust have never been transparent whereas DUSF so far seem to be very open about their fundraising and the way in which they're offered to the club, and at least so far unconditionally and without ties.

In your first post you seem to be disappointed that "Mr Bond is promoting DUSF". Very negative about an organisation that's handed over a lot of money at a time when the club needs it.

Stokearab’s deflection tactics to discuss ArabTRUST, DUSF and a radio show are avoiding the issues in this thread. Please respond to initial questions.
    Do you agree that Bond’s 17/19ths offer is an own goal?
    Secondly If Utd have a business insurance payment due, why is Mr. Bond so bloody desperate for fans to fill Tannadeechie for a virtual game, fans to forego season ticket credits and promoting DUSF to grow membership to create an income stream?

Every time this guy retired arab comes on the board he is having a wee go at utd if you lot never knew who he was I would have thought he was a dee.He definitly comes across as someone who has an agenda against the club.Are the whole of Arabtrust like him?or is it his own agenda?

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Every time this guy retired arab comes on the board he is having a wee go at utd if you lot never knew who he was I would have thought he was a dee.He definitly comes across as someone who has an agenda against the club.Are the whole of Arabtrust like him?or is it his own agenda?
    I’m NOT having a “go at utd” or our American owners but asking reasonable questions about strange decisions made by individuals running the financial side of the club in the owners absence.

As a long standing supporter I care passionately and I’m very concerned that the sound that I hear is of money draining away faster than it is being replenished! And that can only end in one way!
    The club’s accounts will be published soon and will not look good.

I’m NOT having a “go at utd” or our American owners but asking reasonable questions about strange decisions made by individuals running the financial side of the club in the owners absence.

As a long standing supporter I care passionately and I’m very concerned that the sound that I hear is of money draining away faster than it is being replenished! And that can only end in one way!
    The club’s accounts will be published soon and will not look good.
    Not directed at you RA but others who seem to think it's possible to have a sensible conversation with you.

Don't bother even trying, he'll say what he wants and avoid (pretty much) anything you ask.

Stokearab’s deflection tactics to discuss ArabTRUST, DUSF and a radio show are avoiding the issues in this thread. Please respond to initial questions.
    Do you agree that Bond’s 17/19ths offer is an own goal?
    Secondly If Utd have a business insurance payment due, why is Mr. Bond so bloody desperate for fans to fill Tannadeechie for a virtual game, fans to forego season ticket credits and promoting DUSF to grow membership to create an income stream?
    1) Not an own goal at all. Operating in a time of absolute uncertainty and on a backdrop of projections (nationally) that fans would be in ground by September. Not the only club to have done something similar. In my view it positively impacted season ticket sales. Yes, they have to plan for the worst now with projevted season ticket revenue, but will be positively surprised by how much comes in I reckon.
    Asking people to forego credits is no problem. Many will be able to but not everyone should be expected to. Individuals financial situations are their own business.

2) What is your problem with the guy organising a raffle? That is all he is doing. Might be called sell out Tannadice but all it is is a raffle. More than that, one with a top prize that made me smile a bit. All round good idea.

Insurance claims are always complex. Would be unlikely to pay out on projected income for this year but more likely based on previous years income. Not unreasonable to raise income in anyway you can. Not like it is insurance fraud.

Don't think any criticism is required of folk trying to do their best to keep the fans engaged with the club. Others such as DUSF and DodeFox podcast (as examples without intending to be limited to them) to see folk requiring a whole lot of praise for keeping us going in an horrific year.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)