+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Season ticket 2021/22

Quote Originally Posted by AraBrian View Post
    Think no money coming in on match days gate money away support programmes food sales hospitality footfall in club shop etc.Along with costs for covid checks transport as don't think can all travel together etc have all add to loses in earning but don't think anyone at club can be blamed for any of that.
    Exactly Brian, match day revenue is now zero where I'd imagine it made up a substantial proportion of the annual turnover. My daughter works in DUFC hospitality so I hear how busy that has been even over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Arab View Post
    Sorry TTT but if you carefully read this thread you'll perhaps notice that I'm asking the initial questions and most responses like the one you've posted here are completely avoiding the main issues. Pot kettle and black!

Btw I've spent years on this board reading negative comments about United's finances especially during ST era but don't recall any of the usual posters and moderators supporting the club's financial directors. Hypocrisy or what?
    And there you go, exactly what I was talking about. Cheers RA.

Think no money coming in on match days gate money away support programmes food sales hospitality footfall in club shop etc.Along with costs for covid checks transport as don't think can all travel together etc have all add to loses in earning but don't think anyone at club can be blamed for any of that.
    No blaming anyone and we have insurance and furlough to compensate most of above and also league money is about x3 more than winning the fundisleaguer and club shop will have internet sales which I imagine are up

I don't know the guy either and never listened to the radio thing have heard was a bit of a disaster but this has nothing to do with that.All I see every time he comes on here is him having a dig at people at the club for this that or the other and seems to be trying to stir discontent.All I have done is tell him what I think and am in no way taking part in what you call a pile on.I am guessing that you think if I don't agree with him I should not add to this thread same for everyone else who has an opinion on this that is not the same as his or you'res
    No, that's the opposite of what I'm saying. Everyone should be entitled to add to this thread, as should he. I don't agree with people being shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    No blaming anyone and we have insurance and furlough to compensate most of above and also league money is about x3 more than winning the fundisleaguer and club shop will have internet sales which I imagine are up
    Yeah club shop always has internet sales and yeah probably up but they will be way down on people going up to shop or popping in on match days.Really don't have a clue how much they have received from insurance if anything or how much they will receive if not received yet or when they will receive this.They only got the furlough when players were off on furlough when ever they went back to training that stopped.Don't think they will get league money till end of season and won't be in this seasons accounts.By what I have heard every club is losing money because of pandemic but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jjaflup22 View Post
    No, that's the opposite of what I'm saying. Everyone should be entitled to add to this thread, as should he. I don't agree with people being shut down.
    You implied that everyone who never agreed with him were piling on him.Has he been shut down?Is it a perminent ban I did not know he had been shut down.I think he should be allowed to have his opinion also but if I disagree with it I should also be allowed to have mine without being accused of pilling on you are intitled to agree with him but do not need to be blaming everyone who doesnt of piling on.

Quote Originally Posted by troonarab View Post
    Actually just realised the accounts that retired arab was going on about that are about to be released and won't make pretty reading are for last season and the money we spent to get out of the championship think again we all knew they would not make great reading as they splashed the cash hoping to start making a bit more in higher division but sadly the plague came along and kind of messed that up a bit.

I don't agree with people being shut down.
    He hasn't been 'shut down', he can still post his opinion. Are you suggesting folk shouldn't hold his opinions up to scrutiny? This seems counter intuitive to your insistence he should post what he likes (within reason obviously).

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    He hasn't been 'shut down', he can still post his opinion. Are you suggesting folk shouldn't hold his opinions up to scrutiny? This seems counter intuitive to your insistence he should post what he likes (within reason obviously).
    Yes he can (and should) post what he likes without being called bitter, jealous, a complete idiot, an attention seeker and a muppet. Personally I would call that trying to shut him down.

Yes he can (and should) post what he likes without being called bitter, jealous, a complete idiot, an attention seeker and a muppet. Personally I would call that trying to shut him down.
    I now realise that you are not accusing me of being one of all those people that you are accusing of piling on the fella and calling him bitter,jealous a complete idiot an attention seeker and a muppet because I never called him any of these things.Who are all these people you are accusing of piling on him and calling him these names?He has done what he usually does started a bit of an arguement then disappeared not been shut down at all.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)