+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silly boy Gordon

Silly boy Gordon

One of Irish trainer Gordon Elliott's horses collapsed and died on the gallops last week, it's not an everyday event, but it happens occasionally to every trainer, in every racing yard. Problem for Gordon is that he had no more sense than to sit on the dead horse and get himself photographed, and said photo was soon all over Twitter.

You could say that the ****storm now enveloping Elliott has to be seen to be believed, but not really, it's entirely what you would expect as the outraged PC Brigade goes into overdrive. His horses have been banned from racing in the UK, Betfair has severed all connection with him, he's the subject of an investigation in Ireland, British trainers have been loud and very public in their condemnation of him, if at the end of this he's still allowed to make a living from training racehorses I'll be very surprised.

Of course what he did was stupid, and he's sorry and regrets it, but that won't save him, he will now be hounded out of his job, whatever happened to punishment fitting crimes ?

I was reading about this $hit storm in the Guardian this morning.

The sanctimonious attitude of the article got me saying to the wife, "It's only a dead horse FFS!"

I suppose I might be making my own tea with the indignation I received.

It's the stupidity, yet again BT, that beggars belief. The Animal Rights morons have it in for racing, they'll get it stopped if they can and they'll use every trick in the book to do it. So this clown goes and has a photo taken sat on a dead horse. I'm virtually speechless, in itself it's nothing, like you said it's just a dead animal, no big deal, but in the climate racing operates in, it's lunacy.

As far as I can see this photo took place in 2019.. Looks like somebody had it in for him. Another picture of a jockey who rides for Elliott has surfaced with him sat on another dead horse also.. No sympathy really,if you are in a position like he is you don't do things like that.. More foool him,he should know better. now the PC brigade and jockey club will hound him and probably ruin his career as a trainer..

Banned for 12months with six months suspended and fined 15,000 euros. Got away lightly then..

I think he is now of pariah status Alf, his glory days are over I think.

I agree with Alf, he's got off lightly, but I've been impressed with the reaction in Ireland. Most of his owners are staying with him, seems he'll be able to carry on and try to rebuild his reputaion.

As usual the BBC goes over the top, it just can't help itself, at the top of a piece containing an edited version of the photo it has,

"Warning - this article contains an image that some people may find distressing"

They've cut the photo down so much that you can't even see the horse, just Elliott. He might well be a prize idiot, but you've got to be in a fairly fragile mental state to find a photo of him distressing. then again anyone who gets their news from the BBC might well be in a permanently fragile mental state.

It's almost on a par with Ratner, the damage is escalated by the press going to town. Mug an old lady and get a community service order, sit on a dead horse and get your life destroyed by the media.

Offenders mug and rob an old lady and usually don't even get a community service order kritichris, because the detection rate is shockingly bad.

Our Bizzies are much too busy breaking up Covid parties to bother about trying to nab proper criminals.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    As far as I can see this photo took place in 2019.. Looks like somebody had it in for him.
    Originally I thought the photo was recent Alf, but you're right it's from 2019. The IHRB think it's been deliberately kept back until just before Cheltenham to do him the maximum damage. They seem to think it's someone with a personal grudge against him, but it wouldn't surprise me if some branch of the Animal Rights Brigade aren't behind it. I've had dealings with some of these people, I know how they work, this is right out of their playbook.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)