+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Government moving the goalposts

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You have fairly changed your tune as you previously posted that there was no Scottish Income Tax.
    There is no system of collecting income tax within the Scottish government, it doesn't mean there aren't any people in Scotland paying income tax. As for Barnett, it would be completely redundant if Scotgov could keep all taxes raised in Scotland and could borrow (from BoE) and pay back at low interest rates, as was promised in 2014 via a federal system. However, that wouldn't suit the narrative that Scotland can only survive with handouts from England, the core unionist myth.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    My God, fairish comment.
    The Leaning Tower of Pisa is straight to you though

My God. I am shocked at your reply. I do not know if my heart can take it.
    Obviously I disagree with your 'handouts' comment but someone had beat me to it

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No Scottish pension, no free bus travel, no free care.
    It is to islay

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    There is no system of collecting income tax within the Scottish government, it doesn't mean there aren't any people in Scotland paying income tax. As for Barnett, it would be completely redundant if Scotgov could keep all taxes raised in Scotland and could borrow (from BoE) and pay back at low interest rates, as was promised in 2014 via a federal system. However, that wouldn't suit the narrative that Scotland can only survive with handouts from England, the core unionist myth.
    The Scottish Government currently spends a lot more than it earns taxes raised in Scotland. I suggest that you look at the latest set of GERS figures which explains everything but the pro independence supporters will not accept them because it does not suit their independence agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    We were never promised a federal system in Scotland in 2014.
    Alex Salmond wanted a third question on the 2014 independence referendum ballot paper namely Devo Max which would have meant that Salmond would have taken all the credit when things went well but blamed Westminster when things went wrong.
    David Cameron refused and people were given the choice ‘ Do you want Scotland to become an independent country. Yes or No.
    An independent Scotland which was permitted to join the EU could no longer borrow from the Bank of England because EU member states cannot use the currency of a non EU member state.
    A least a year before the September 2014 independence referendum the SNP controlled Scottish Government brought out a White Paper headed Scotland’s Future.
    White papers normally state in it what law a Government intends to bring in if it is passed by a vote in Parliament.
    My MSP Michael Russell even admitted to me in an email in 2015 that not everything the Scotland’s Future white paper would haves taken place if the Scottish electorate had voted in favour of Scotland becoming an independent country.
    It was basically a’wish list’ and a bribe to try to persuade the Scottish electorate that everything would be wonderful in an independent Scotland.
    This is the real world and not the SNP version of Brigadoon.

We were never promised a federal system in Scotland in 2014.
    Alex Salmond wanted a third question on the 2014 independence referendum ballot paper namely Devo Max which would have meant that Salmond would have taken all the credit when things went well but blamed Westminster when things went wrong.
    David Cameron refused and people were given the choice ‘ Do you want Scotland to become an independent country. Yes or No.
    An independent Scotland which was permitted to join the EU could no longer borrow from the Bank of England because EU member states cannot use the currency of a non EU member state.
    A least a year before the September 2014 independence referendum the SNP controlled Scottish Government brought out a White Paper headed Scotland’s Future.
    White papers normally state in it what law a Government intends to bring in if it is passed by a vote in Parliament.
    My MSP Michael Russell even admitted to me in an email in 2015 that not everything the Scotland’s Future white paper would haves taken place if the Scottish electorate had voted in favour of Scotland becoming an independent country.
    It was basically a’wish list’ and a bribe to try to persuade the Scottish electorate that everything would be wonderful in an independent Scotland.
    This is the real world and not the SNP version of Brigadoon.
    Nobody can borrow from The Bank Of England as it doesn't have any reserves. All they can do is ask The Bank Of England to extend them credit, that credit is secured against a promise by Wastemonster to cover it.

In a free and independent Scotland a similar situation would take place as that of The Bank Of England - SNP would no doubt call the bank something Gaelic against all our wishes - and the Scottish Government would cover the 'national bank' promises. This is what they now jokingly call the national debt, although in reality the money never existed.

The Scottish Government currently spends a lot more than it earns taxes raised in Scotland. I suggest that you look at the latest set of GERS figures which explains everything but the pro independence supporters will not accept them because it does not suit their independence agenda.
    The UK government currently spends a lot more than it earns taxes raised in the UK.

And has done for 28 of the last 32 years. What’s the difference?

The country would save close to 200 million each year if they binned trident though.

If you believe in independence vote SNP. If you don't vote tactically and don't give your second vote to either the Greens or the SNP.

Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)