+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Government moving the goalposts

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    Bit confused here G.
    Has the UK in the last 7 years became "the most successful union the world has ever known" which under cameron/may/Johnson I find incredible and absurd.
    Or
    7 years ago you wanted to leave "the most successful union the world has ever known" which does seem strange.

I've no problem with anyone changing views over different periods of time or different parties/leaders governing but I do find it unusual to see anyone have such a change when it's the same party governing, and you were like me a big indy supporter. I usually vote for the individual my as the parties imo are all ****. My preference wud be independence with a Labour gov with a John Smith type in charge.
    Short answer.

Tee off at 11.

Hated Clegg, Cameron and Osbourne and what they did to disability benefits.....clouded my judgement.

Liked Salmond as a politician, forgetting I knew little of what was coming behind him.

i stopped working 80 hours a week in 2013 and have read a lot more since and got more interested.

I now appreciate what we have in the UK and just didn't realise it back then.

I changed my mind.

Read interesting comment about Scotland Act. It was not thought that any party would ever win an outright majority which is why there is no second chamber to review legislation. Maybe Westminster should review the arrangements? The way the SNP have acted to frustrate the Salmond Committer enquiries might be justification. Not sure that Westminster is any different but at least the legal set up is separate.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Read interesting comment about Scotland Act. It was not thought that any party would ever win an outright majority which is why there is no second chamber to review legislation. Maybe Westminster should review the arrangements? The way the SNP have acted to frustrate the Salmond Committer enquiries might be justification. Not sure that Westminster is any different but at least the legal set up is separate.
    I have never read the Scotland Act , but looked it up.
    Passed by uK parliament, Westminster in 1998, but also amended in 2012 For extra powers as requested by SNP government.
    Interesting to read the powers that that can be controlled by a Scottish government.
    There is als another amendment in 2016 .

Was interested in the principle that the devolved powers did not allow for Scottish parliament to sort out the problem caused when there is a conflict between the courts and Holyrood.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    If the facts change then it seems sensible to change your opinion. Oil was going to bankroll much of the Scottish economy. Doesn't look good with that underpinning of our economy. I don't know anyone who has managed to justify every decision they have made in their lives.
    Good to see your support for a 2nd referendum given so many have changed their minds since 2014. Oil could provide so much more for Scotland's econony, unfortunately Salmond chose not to venture down that path, instead just concentrated on the price of a barrel rather than seeking to explore the Norway model, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    plus another 7 years of the SNP with Nicoliar in charge has opened my eyes.
    If you were being honest, I doubt anything the Scottish govt did pre-covid even registered with you, certainly didn't with me. Why would it.

Quote Originally Posted by eric_sinclair View Post
    and you were like me a big indy supporter.
    oh my

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Good to see your support for a 2nd referendum given so many have changed their minds since 2014. Oil could provide so much more for Scotland's econony, unfortunately Salmond chose not to venture down that path, instead just concentrated on the price of a barrel rather than seeking to explore the Norway model, for example.
    I fail to see how oil revenues will be good for Scotland when you consider the SNP are at the fore front of zero carbon

Norway currently investing billions in hydrogen technology, we're building windmills everywhere. Zero carbon just means planting more trees.

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    I fail to see how oil revenues will be good for Scotland when you consider the SNP are at the fore front of zero carbon
    We will all have monkey butler's in an independent Scotland.

Page 6 of 42 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)