+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Government moving the goalposts

Labour or SNP in Westminster, doesn't matter, they couldn't stop a tory government when labour were conspiring against themselves. The lay of the land is far different now than in 2014 so another referendum is perfectly reasonable. Whether Scots want to stay in isolation with the English nationalists selling their NHS to America corps or rejoin the EU, best to figure it out sooner rather than later.

The Brexit vote was a democratic vote although that was in doubt for some time as the Establishment didn't want it.
    I don't see the point of voting for independence, then being ruled by the EU.
    The EU have shown their true colours already, the fiasco regarding the Irish border and the remarks from Merkel and Macron regarding the British vaccine program, and still no apologies from either.

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    Labour or SNP in Westminster, doesn't matter, they couldn't stop a tory government when labour were conspiring against themselves. The lay of the land is far different now than in 2014 so another referendum is perfectly reasonable. Whether Scots want to stay in isolation with the English nationalists selling their NHS to America corps or rejoin the EU, best to figure it out sooner rather than later.
    I thought we were joining the Rest of the World. Don't believe that the EU would be better than actually being an independent country.

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    The Brexit vote was a democratic vote although that was in doubt for some time as the Establishment didn't want it.
    The EU have shown their true colours already, the fiasco regarding the Irish border and the remarks from Merkel and Macron regarding the British vaccine program, and still no apologies from either.
    Scotland wouldn't get in the EU without Spain backing down and real austerity for a couple of decades.

Why leave the most successful union the world has ever known?

If I asked sturgeon she wud say "don't know"

50 times yesterday "don't know or can't recall".😁

Quote Originally Posted by deecom View Post
    It shouldn't be framed as a vote for independence, it should be framed as a choice between rejoining the EU or staying in isolation with pariah state England. Quite possibly the Brexit deal will be ripped up soon and it'll be No-deal Brexit by default. The Irish border issue is all down to Brexit and Boris Johnson, can't spin that one away.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Why leave the most successful union the world has ever known?
    You're the one who voted to leave it in 2014, or do you recall it differently in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I thought we were joining the Rest of the World. Don't believe that the EU would be better than actually being an independent country.
    Trade with ROW has always been possibly, funnily enough. The tories are currently throwing billions at signing roll-on trade deals with various countries around the world, we're not supposed to know that, though. Being truly independent would allow a free trade deal with rUK, so there are benefits to that as well. Let's get on with seeing what the public want, starting in May.

You're the one who voted to leave it in 2014, or do you recall it differently in 2021
    If the facts change then it seems sensible to change your opinion. Oil was going to bankroll much of the Scottish economy. Doesn't look good with that underpinning of our economy. I don't know anyone who has managed to justify every decision they have made in their lives.

No I did.

But Brexit changes everything now we are out that God forsaken organisation....plus another 7 years of the SNP with Nicoliar in charge has opened my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    No I did.

But Brexit changes everything now we are out that God forsaken organisation....plus another 7 years of the SNP with Nicoliar in charge has opened my eyes.
    Bit confused here G.
    Has the UK in the last 7 years became "the most successful union the world has ever known" which under cameron/may/Johnson I find incredible and absurd.
    Or
    7 years ago you wanted to leave "the most successful union the world has ever known" which does seem strange.

I've no problem with anyone changing views over different periods of time or different parties/leaders governing but I do find it unusual to see anyone have such a change when it's the same party governing, and you were like me a big indy supporter. I usually vote for the individual my as the parties imo are all ****. My preference wud be independence with a Labour gov with a John Smith type in charge.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)