+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Scottish Government moving the goalposts

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Thanks for the info. Any details on the number of barrels still possible to recover. I was wondering if there was a non carbon producing way of using oil. Seems to me that if the petrol/diesel isn't needed for cars there would need to be a high value volume use will be needed. Just interested and I have no political axe to grind with this area of discussion.
    What happens to the taxation from oil in Scottish waters when everyone is forced by law to drive an electric car and the electricity is all produced by windmills and solar panels

Quote Originally Posted by Taintedice View Post
    I'm easily the youngest on here and my modern, progressive views demonstrate that.
    Hardly progressive views, more likely fantasy land and ill thought out views.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Hardly progressive views, more likely fantasy land and ill thought out views.
    Mr pot, I have a Mr kettle on the line for you......

What deterrent do suggest having in place against the leader of North Korea or Iran. The White Flag.
    We would be far down the list of any target strikes by these 2 nations.
    Its a waste of money that could be spent on health,education etc.
    Not needed in the slightest.

If Scotland became an independent country the SNP party would disappear and mot of their supporters would go crawling back to vote Labour.
    We would be stuck with the Labour Party in power for ever more and taxed to the hilt.
    Be very careful what you wish for.
    Just your opinion.

What happens to the taxation from oil in Scottish waters when everyone is forced by law to drive an electric car and the electricity is all produced by windmills and solar panels
    There are many products that require petrochemicals. I think that we should be making efforts to find new uses for them. Perhaps there are potential new uses for our oil? If Scottish companies owned the oil might we all benefit? There was a boom in wealth based in Aberdeen. Perhaps if we encouraged our universities to investigate new options for petrochemical we might actually do something for ourselves that would not be tied to Westminster.
    The point you make about the probable drop in petrol based taxes assumes that there will not be an alternative tax created. I would imagine the tree huggers will have many alternative taxation policies. All will be regressive and designed to reduce private car usage. I would love to see how our politicians could carry out their duties without the use of chauffeurs etc.

Nobody’s mentioned what would happen if the residents of the Orkney and Shetland isles voted to go it alone and declare independence from Scotland. I have read recently that the residents of both islands are fed up with the centralisation of everything by the SNP controlled Scottish Government in Edinburgh.
    As a result of the income from oil landed on both islands they would be very wealthy.
    Meanwhile it would knock a hole in the SNP calculations for income from taxation especially as the oil from North Sea oil pipeline into Grangemouth is not flowing to the same extent as previously.
    Why have there been so many rigs sitting tied up in the Dundee harbour front if oil production is booming in he North Sea.
    Orkney and Shetland Islands have no claim on the blocks currently identified in The North Sea - never have and never will. Just like the odd one or two that want this 'independence' it will simply never happen.

What deterrent do suggest having in place against the leader of North Korea or Iran. The White Flag.
    North Korea and Iran attacking Scotland? Are you mental?

Don't answer that, we all know.

The British electorate never got the opportunity to vote in a referendum in favour of the U.K. joining the new European Union in November 1993.
    The mainland EU leaders have never liked the U.K. Parliament as all they wanted was our money to prop up other ‘lame duck’ EU countries.
    Now the remaining 27 countries are having to increase their annual contributions and they are not happy about it.
    Good riddance to them.
    I see you took on board my point about reviewing your myopic stances, then. The UK is in chaos right now due to leaving the single market and customs union, costs up to £7bn a year expected for business. Loyalist paramilitaries currently ramping up, import checks on the way that will see major shortages, and you wanted this years ago? By the way, the EU is just carrying on, 400m to sell to, they don't need Britain.

As a result of the income from oil landed on both islands they would be very wealthy.
    So you never wanted Scots to prosper from the oil bonanza to the point you think Shetlands and Orkneys should declare independence to deprive Scots even further? That's some amount of hatred you have.

Page 9 of 42 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)