+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: O/T Questions for someone in the US or understands the TV market

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think the hardcore fans followed them from Oakland to LA and then back again so I guess they have continued to do so in Vegas. It's not always the case though as in the NBA I doubt you'll find any Seattle Sonics fans who support Oklahoma Thunder where they were moved to. Most franchise moves are in the same vein as the Wimbledon - MK Dons hatred category.
    Oh you are definitely correct on the Seattle front! Although there have been whispers of possible expansion within the next few years which have excited that fanbase again. There are lots of positives of the franchise model but definite weaknesses also. Relocation being one of them.

Oh and your knowledge of baseball 22 years ago is still better than mine! Didn't Madonna go with one or sing about one? That's my impressive knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Oh you are definitely correct on the Seattle front! Although there have been whispers of possible expansion within the next few years which have excited that fanbase again. There are lots of positives of the franchise model but definite weaknesses also. Relocation being one of them.

Oh and your knowledge of baseball 22 years ago is still better than mine! Didn't Madonna go with one or sing about one? That's my impressive knowledge
    I did go and see the Sonics during their penultimate season in Seattle. Yes you've guessed, the place I was working at the time had a box Must admit I didn't catch the NBA bug though. NHL arrives here later this year with The Kraken, lot's of buzz around that and they'll be playing in a revamped arena where the NBA team played.

I did go and see the Sonics during their penultimate season in Seattle. Yes you've guessed, the place I was working at the time had a box Must admit I didn't catch the NBA bug though. NHL arrives here later this year with The Kraken, lot's of buzz around that and they'll be playing in a revamped arena where the NBA team played.
    I do sense a theme with these excursions I must say 🕵️*♂️😂 when it's played well it's a beautiful team sport, each game changing constantly with swing and momentum, players having to play both sides of the game with offense and defense. Not so much when it become a 3 point contest...

Do you enjoy the NHL? The bits and pieces I have seen I've found it alright, not the worst by a long way, they do hit each other a lot, and I mean a lot and there are fights all the time seemingly. The big let down is I don't understand the nuances at all in anything from what is icing to offside. Absolutely no idea. I can watch it on a basic level though, nice and fast paced.

I do sense a theme with these excursions I must say ��️*♂️�� when it's played well it's a beautiful team sport, each game changing constantly with swing and momentum, players having to play both sides of the game with offense and defense. Not so much when it become a 3 point contest...

Do you enjoy the NHL? The bits and pieces I have seen I've found it alright, not the worst by a long way, they do hit each other a lot, and I mean a lot and there are fights all the time seemingly. The big let down is I don't understand the nuances at all in anything from what is icing to offside. Absolutely no idea. I can watch it on a basic level though, nice and fast paced.
    No I've never really got into the NHL apart from a bit of interest in the San Jose Sharks when we lived there. I don't think I've ever watched a full game. I did get to see ice hockey and basketball in the UK in the late 80s/early 90s when they were both trying to establish over there. I saw the games at MK and you can guess how I got the tickets Just to close out this 'CAMiller is a skinflint' theme, I've only ever seen one NFL game live and that was when I got tickets from my employer at the time.

No I've never really got into the NHL apart from a bit of interest in the San Jose Sharks when we lived there. I don't think I've ever watched a full game. I did get to see ice hockey and basketball in the UK in the late 80s/early 90s when they were both trying to establish over there. I saw the games at MK and you can guess how I got the tickets Just to close out this 'CAMiller is a skinflint' theme, I've only ever seen one NFL game live and that was when I got tickets from my employer at the time.
    Your ifollow sub must have you in sweats you tight bugger 😂

Your ifollow sub must have you in sweats you tight bugger ��
    It would if I had one I rely on the MM match thread and BBC text updates for my match day experience. I did subscribe to ESPN+ for a month as I thought I was getting the Bournemouth, Forest and tonight's game for $5.99 only to find out for some reason we're not on today. I'm thinking of suing them for a $2 refund

It would if I had one I rely on the MM match thread and BBC text updates for my match day experience. I did subscribe to ESPN+ for a month as I thought I was getting the Bournemouth, Forest and tonight's game for $5.99 only to find out for some reason we're not on today. I'm thinking of suing them for a $2 refund
    You are in the states so that seems like the logical thing to do 😉

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123