+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fat man may have finally woken up

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    yeah its strange to think that the fans who watch the side every week couldn't see this coming.
    Probably because we are all above our station expecting to win the title

it doesn't look good for us, Bruce couldn't pick us a winning team with a full strength team never mind without our 3 best attackers

although i cant see those around us getting many wins either
    You find yourself using words like incompetence and negligence but they don’t scratch the surface to describe what happens at SDFC these days. You could swear Ashley was driving the club towards a car crash on purpose - it’s not possible that someone could be this stupid and not learn anything about a business he’s run for years.

Almost all our supporters can see what’s coming from a mile off, but it all seems such a surprise to the fools making the decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    reports are saying Justin Barnes has told Ashley he needs to focus on saving the club from relegation right now!

all talk of a takeover is off until survival is ensured.

i suspect he has been told the Saudi's will walk if we go down unless he massively reduces the price ( which he wont )

hopefully fatty gets rid of Bruce and co
    Where have you heard this Tanya?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Can't understand why staying up is so important. Stay up its the same shìte again next season. Take a step back like I have, it's Ashley's club and he will do what he wants. He doesn't want to run the club properly. He cares about money. Go down and take his TV money and PL place money.
    He knows the PL is for 6 teams only now which is one of the reasons he was close to a sale last year. We are not wanted in the PL anymore. They want 14 "smaller" clubs to make up the numbers as they will be grateful for the crumbs at the top table and Project Big Picture will be here to stay. We make too much noise as a fanbase and won't be silent. That applies to Ashley as well as the corrupt PL, he hates us and our noise. Questioning him on his decisions and abuse of the club.
    If we go down and Ashley loses a fortune, that will sit just fine with me.
    Have to agree with this. I stepped away 2 seasons ago after 45 yrs or so, won’t go back till he’s gone. I’m fed up with football in general though,all the cheating,diving around,prima donnas treated like kings, and tv pundits are not much better,Robbie”hard man”Savage,what a prick! Wouldn’t be too bothered if we went down,apart from maybe losing the sale like🤔

We're all waiting for him to go. The club will be more worth if we stay up, so even if this keeps some potential buyers, others will see us as more attractive and worth the investment (is the hope).

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    We're all waiting for him to go. The club will be more worth if we stay up, so even if this keeps some potential buyers, others will see us as more attractive and worth the investment (is the hope).
    Can't disagree with that.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post
    It hasn't worked out that way so far has it. He was only close to selling this time as he knew time was up with Project big picture around the corner and all the money would go to the so called top 6. That and the fact he had a willing buyer at 300m.

He will have to lose money to sell this club after this failed takeover. Nobody apart from this consortium will pay what he wants. The TV money in future will favour so called top 6, decisions on the game in the PL will be made by the so called top 6. We are not part of it and never will be. We have missed our chance through the corruption within the PL.

Teams like ourselves with fanatical support are not wanted in the PL. They want clubs that will allow PBP to come in. They want the 6 at the top to stay there. I hope Leicester, West Ham and I don't like Villa or Everton finish in that top 6. That would really pìss the PL off.

The PL is not a competition anymore, it's a closed book. Complete waste of time being in it as its not competitive sport anymore. Once that's gone the game has gone.

Whats the point of supporting a club, which is outside the socalled top six, with no hope of ever breaking into it,and with an owner who is happy with that situation???? Please somebody explain to me, and not the "ive supported them through thick and thin" bit please, so have I, but ive had enough, until he is gone and we have an owner with the ambition to gatecrash the party, until that happens I will continue to stay away, and support from afar, maybe more of us should do the same?

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Whats the point of supporting a club, which is outside the socalled top six, with no hope of ever breaking into it,and with an owner who is happy with that situation???? Please somebody explain to me, and not the "ive supported them through thick and thin" bit please, so have I, but ive had enough, until he is gone and we have an owner with the ambition to gatecrash the party, until that happens I will continue to stay away, and support from afar, maybe more of us should do the same?
    Totally agree. This is all different than struggles we have had in the past. The owner is taking and has took far more out of the club than anyone else. Sold land belonging to the club and pocketed the money after selling it to his son in law in the 1st place for knock down price who then sold on for massive profit.

We not only have Ashley restricting our progress we now make up the numbers in a corrupt league that only cares what 6 of its members say, do, or want. The competition and excitement about competing is long gone.

They have let us rot since Ashley came, they wouldn't let PIF be involved as they were worried about MBS being a shadow director or involved. It doesn't stop Ashley, his mouthpiece Justin Barnes doesn't work at the club, isn't named as a director but is allowed to make decisions on Ashley's behalf and the PL allow it.

It's all about not upsetting the elite. Well I won't watch the club I love be destroyed by a cockney barrow boy and a corrupt league. PL, they can keep it. It won't be that great to be in once the Super Leagues are established and Europe is boxed off.

I honestly think it’s too late to sack Bruce it won’t make a difference. Also think Ashley thinks he’ll bounce straight back up.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Hard to argue against that.

I won’t go to any games till he’s gone and have cancelled cable (which I only had to watch us). If a lot of people start doing that then the PL will feel it. The trouble is, I think I’m in a small minority and when one ‘leaves’ like me, there are 3 joining up.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)