+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Fat man may have finally woken up

The Fat man may have finally woken up

reports are saying Justin Barnes has told Ashley he needs to focus on saving the club from relegation right now!

all talk of a takeover is off until survival is ensured.

i suspect he has been told the Saudi's will walk if we go down unless he massively reduces the price ( which he wont )

hopefully fatty gets rid of Bruce and co

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    reports are saying Justin Barnes has told Ashley he needs to focus on saving the club from relegation right now!

i suspect he has been told the Saudi's will walk if we go down unless he massively reduces the price ( which he wont )

Well getting rid of Bruce and his hangers-on would be an essential and great start and the sooner the better as an incoming coach/manager would need as much time as possible what with us getting worse match by match and the other teams at the bottom end improving or fighting for their lives.

If Ashley does act sooner than later which he doesn't usually do until too late (his gambling addictive instinct) I would be surprised.

He can't realise the difference in the short-term bulge in his pocket as opposed to the long-term.

Another very serious aspect is the injury situation which I would reckon is 90% down to Bruce would be a huge millstone around the neck of an incoming coach to deal with.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 02-03-2021 at 01:56 PM.

It’s incredible how none of us predicted this and we were all too stupid to appreciate the fantastic job that Bruce was doing. Suppose we should’ve really listened more to those in the media with far superior intellect than any of us and looked at the bigger picture that only they could see.

Come on, how could anyone see this disaster coming. Watching beautiful free flowing football all season. Who would of thought having no strengh in depth would end up coming back to bite Bruce in the arse.

yeah its strange to think that the fans who watch the side every week couldn't see this coming.
    Probably because we are all above our station expecting to win the title

it doesn't look good for us, Bruce couldn't pick us a winning team with a full strength team never mind without our 3 best attackers

although i cant see those around us getting many wins either

yeah its strange to think that the fans who watch the side every week couldn't see this coming.
    Probably because we are all above our station expecting to win the title

it doesn't look good for us, Bruce couldn't pick us a winning team with a full strength team never mind without our 3 best attackers

although i cant see those around us getting many wins either
    Unfortunately for us those around us are triers and fighters with the right sort of encouragement from their leaders making us at a disadvantage.

Jones will be shoehorned in if Bruce is sacked,he’s already on site.

Not sure why Jones has been named the man who can save us - I don't know that he has any experience in this regard - but I'll take him over Bruce.

Anyone over Bruce.

Well if he is waking up, he's doing it so slowly he makes Bagpuss look like Ussain Bolt.

But, of course, he's not waking up. The facts spaeak for themselves-we were utterly shite under Bruce way before these potentially relegation-confirming injuries and fatso's been able to see these stats as the evidence has piled up throughout Bruce's time here: Bruce's NUFC PL record.

2 wins in 15 games
    7 wins in 32
    11 wins in 46 games
    18 wins in 64

Fatso has been asleep all the way through but we're the ones having nightmares.

Can't understand why staying up is so important. Stay up its the same sh́te again next season. Take a step back like I have, it's Ashley's club and he will do what he wants. He doesn't want to run the club properly. He cares about money. Go down and take his TV money and PL place money.
    He knows the PL is for 6 teams only now which is one of the reasons he was close to a sale last year. We are not wanted in the PL anymore. They want 14 "smaller" clubs to make up the numbers as they will be grateful for the crumbs at the top table and Project Big Picture will be here to stay. We make too much noise as a fanbase and won't be silent. That applies to Ashley as well as the corrupt PL, he hates us and our noise. Questioning him on his decisions and abuse of the club.
    If we go down and Ashley loses a fortune, that will sit just fine with me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)