+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Hughes

Lee Hughes

Notts County manager Neal Ardley is making a shock move to take much-travelled Lee Hughes on a short-term contract – and put the striker back in the National League.

Ardley is desperate to land a new forward and his surprisingly turned to Hughes, the 54-year-old hit man who is not still scoring goals but is available.

Hughes close friend George Burley was unavailable for comment when approached.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Notts County manager Neal Ardley is making a shock move to take much-travelled Lee Hughes on a short-term contract – and put the striker back in the National League.

Ardley is desperate to land a new forward and his surprisingly turned to Hughes, the 54-year-old hit man who is not still scoring goals but is available.

Ahhhh. Proper NCM. Nice one

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post

Welcome back, fred of a thousand posts. You did catch me once though.

10/10 for Nottstalgia.

Although Hughes is actually still only 44.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    10/10 for Nottstalgia.

Although Hughes is actually still only 44.
    True, a bit of poetic licence.

I read a great article about Hughes a while back in the athletic. It's behind a paywall but certainly worth a read.

https://theathletic.co.uk/1995491/20...prison-legacy/

Be funny if it wasn't true.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Be funny if it wasn't true.
    Let's call that one a stretch.

Great original post, brings back fond memories of the last golden era of NCM.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Let's call that one a stretch.

Great original post, brings back fond memories of the last golden era of NCM.
    Still not better than Crazy Frogs biblical post though.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Still not better than Crazy Frogs biblical post though.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    How do I find that post Swale its been a while since I read it. I tried the search function but didn't seem to work. The post was around the time that Sid ( where is he nowadays) and I called out Munto as the fraud it soon became known to be.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast