+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wolves V City Match Day Thread

Well, thanks to a bit of the old VAR and a great save from Patricio we are somehow still in it. The problem is when we do get hold of the ball and move it forward eventually there is nowhere to go because there is no one in the box.

Do we hold what we have, or they have, until the last fif**** and then throw on a couple of "foxes in the box" [if only!] to try and grab a goal?

will give you an example woody ..

we had a throw in level with the city penno area, and two passes later
    it was back with our keeper......

backwards/sidewards/backwards ....

you aint going to believe this

city 1 wolves 1....coady header from free kick...

silva on for johnny

you are going to believe this

city 2 wolves 1 after loadsa pressure from home side

its all over

city 4 wolves 1...

wulfies well and truly blootered..not in the same class..

shows you how far backwards the side has gone...

Cruel result in the end. We had made a decent fist of it considering who and what we are but there you go.

What a pointless, clueless substitution that was to bring Okasowie on. Probably shot the poor buggers confidence now as well. Words fail me!

The defence needs revamping in the summer. Whether we stick with a 3, or go with a four. We have shot ourselves in the foot too many times this season playing both systems.

We also need to look at the midfield if the club is to progress. We struggle to move the ball out of defense into attack through midfield. Neves and Moutinho are too similar, even though one plays more forward than the other. Dendonker has been woeful in defence and although he's the only box to box midfielder we have he just doesn't score the goals we need.

I also think there's a bit of fatigue setting in. We have a small squad, and given just the few weeks break they had pre-season, this squad have been at it for 19 months straight. Our medical staff are recognised as one of the best given the few number of stress injuries before this season....but it has now caught up with us. It's not just us, most of the clubs who participated in Europe last season have suffered an abnormal number of injuries this season.

I don't mind us finishing lower than the last two seasons given the circumstances but Fosun have a plan.....if they want to get anywhere near completing that plat then this summer has to see changes. The fans, rightly have embraced this manager, and players but sentiment cannot get in the way of progression.

I could have excepted 2-1 to City, they were by far the best side. We were unfortunate, that having battled so hard, we conceded two in the last few minutes. I felt for Otasowie having just come on, getting caught with the ball on the edge of the area. It could really knock his confidence. Nuno should pick him from the start on Saturday.

City in all honesty were in a different league, the speed of movement and passing was something to witness. The closing down in numbers, nullified the threat on Neto and Traore and as such we were always on the defensive. Sometimes it looked as if City had more than eleven players on the pitch.

They are certainly the form team at the moment, most teams will not be looking forward to playing them at the moment.

Aston Villa will be a different proposition at the weekend, so let us hope that the result in Manchester does not leave any scars.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Cruel result in the end. We had made a decent fist of it considering who and what we are but there you go.

What a pointless, clueless substitution that was to bring Okasowie on. Probably shot the poor buggers confidence now as well. Words fail me!

For me the jury is out on Okasowie. The guys has had a horrendous start to his Wolves career. Trying to dribble out of your own penalty area is risky at the best of times, but in these circumstances; truly suicidal. That on top of the absolute sitter he had with the heading chance at the end of the match recently when he was approx 2 yards out and at the very end of the match.

Personally I'd like to see him shipped out to gain some playing experience to a lower league club.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)