+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728

Thread: Match Thread vs. Kings Lynn Town FC 02.03.21 [NL]

Xd
    Quote Originally Posted by mapperleypie View Post
    having had time to reflect on last nights disappointment and seeing the criticism of the manager on here and social media it is important to remember a few things in defence of neal.

You can say what you like about ardley, you could say he was the manager that lost us out football league status, you could also question his persistence in playing negative football or that he has his favourite players that he does not deviate from even in the face of overwhelming evidence it's not working. You could potentially also say that throughout his 100+ games in charge he has rarely faced a side with a better playing budget and has therefore massively underachieved or that he does not know how to manage talented attack-minded players but at the end of the day...

I forget my original point.
    should be a smiley face !

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I did, but to be honest I couldn't name a single Sutton player. Hopefully someone will be better informed than me.
    Come on ncfcog, get on the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I did, but to be honest I couldn't name a single Sutton player. Hopefully someone will be better informed than me.
    Interesting comment this as least season with the exception of Rooney I bet nobody on this board could name a single Barrow player either and they were streets ahead. You don't need big names to succeed at this level. I would love to see an analysis of the backgorund of the players we have signed from non league and EFL and how they have done. We seem to like signing forgotten or out of the side EFL players. With the exception of a certain Mr Wootton I am not sure that has actually worked very well for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Everybody knows my view of Ardley, i have said this for over 2 years, are people taking notice at long last, or is it the old chesnut give him more time
    I havent lost all hope, as sub par teams can be promoted via the play offs
    I think a lot of people have thought this for a while but in addition the pile who are is certainly increasing. I was very much in the "Ardley in" brigade after our relegation as I didn't blame him for that (and even now I still don't he inherited a horrible situation) until around November of last year. Since then I haven't been even when we surged up the table last season, which was almost entirely to do with a certain Mr Roberts. You are correct sub par teams can but if that's our best chance then I am still Ardley out!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I think a lot of people have thought this for a while but in addition the pile who are is certainly increasing. I was very much in the "Ardley in" brigade after our relegation as I didn't blame him for that (and even now I still don't he inherited a horrible situation) until around November of last year. Since then I haven't been even when we surged up the table last season, which was almost entirely to do with a certain Mr Roberts. You are correct sub par teams can but if that's our best chance then I am still Ardley out!
    he's a bottler, cannot deliver in the final analysis.

I've done a quick scout and on the face of it Sutton have a strong midfield including probably one of the best CM in the league Harry Beautyman. It's a regular midfield that also includes Craig Eastmond and a certain Rob Milsom. Up front they have last season's goal of the season winner Omar Bugiel, Tobi Sho-Silva who was at Halifax last season, Isaac Olaofe on loan from Milwall and winger David Ajiboye who I think had a few mentions on here from last season as I think he impressed a few people.

They also have a very good goalkeeper in Bouzanis.

I've just had a quick look an transfrmkt.com and their squad currently has an overall value of £1.33m. Mind you according to the same site our squad has a value of £3.29m.

I think it's probably worth noting that teams like Sutton, Solihull, Woking, Aldershot etc on the whole have squads that are used to playing at this level and don't pretend to be something they're not. Also, with smaller squads they are probably playing a settled starting 11 in most games.

On a side note I was speaking to someone who does the stats for Weymouth and apparently Sean Shields is currently one of their star players, but then again they are/would be in a relegation battle at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I've done a quick scout and on the face of it Sutton have a strong midfield including probably one of the best CM in the league Harry Beautyman. It's a regular midfield that also includes Craig Eastmond and a certain Rob Milsom. Up front they have last season's goal of the season winner Omar Bugiel, Tobi Sho-Silva who was at Halifax last season, Isaac Olaofe on loan from Milwall and winger David Ajiboye who I think had a few mentions on here from last season as I think he impressed a few people.

They also have a very good goalkeeper in Bouzanis.

I've just had a quick look an transfrmkt.com and their squad currently has an overall value of £1.33m. Mind you according to the same site our squad has a value of £3.29m.

I think it's probably worth noting that teams like Sutton, Solihull, Woking, Aldershot etc on the whole have squads that are used to playing at this level and don't pretend to be something they're not. Also, with smaller squads they are probably playing a settled starting 11 in most games.

On a side note I was speaking to someone who does the stats for Weymouth and apparently Sean Shields is currently one of their star players, but then again they are/would be in a relegation battle at the moment.
    Interesting stuff. Cheers.

I'd forgotten that Rob Milsom was in their midfield - took all of their set pieces when we won 1-0 down there, which was lucky for us. Their right winger was a handful that night, quick and very direct.

I didn't even bother looking at the league after Tuesday's disappointment, but now see that they've won their last five in a row. Also hadn't realised how Yeovil have turned their season around and are only four points behind us. Yes, they've played three games more than us, but if we play like we did the other night, that won't mean much.

From the games I've seen, if I had to pick the team I think will go up automatically, I'd probably go for Hartlepool. Yes, they were lucky to beat us 1-0, but they had played another game two days previously yet still managed to grind the win out.

King's Lynn report now up, a season landmark for Michael doyle and reasons to be cheerful . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...-s-lynn-town-h

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728