+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Kings Lynn Town FC 02.03.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Was it ‘sta-bil-ity’?

To be fair, he is pretty good when his pre match plan goes in the bin because the keeper gets sent off, and the real manager decides to go in goal.
    There's deffo a pattern emerging.

V Mansfield in our relegation season, really seemed like a turning point, only for us to 'wimp' out of the FL with barely a struggle.

Getting to last years play-offs was deffo a 'Brucie Bonus' given our chaotic start to the season. Only for us to totally humiliate ourselves in the final.

Gawd knows what this season will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    There's deffo a pattern emerging.

V Mansfield in our relegation season, really seemed like a turning point, only for us to 'wimp' out of the FL with barely a struggle.

Getting to last years play-offs was deffo a 'Brucie Bonus' given our chaotic start to the season. Only for us to totally humiliate ourselves in the final.

Gawd knows what this season will bring.
    Hopefully no more utter chite like last nights 'performance'. I'm starting to think (and I don't think I'm alone here) that Ardley is in no way capable of managing a team with expectations of promotion. He is best suited to a club that is constantly up against it and is expected to defend from the front and scrape enough points together.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Can't even be bothered to get angry over this. It's just what I've come to expect from a drip of a manager, no passion, no fight, just nothing inspiring about him or the way his teams play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Grow up, because this has nothing to do with laddo's fabled pitchforks. A rational view of the game is that a draw is the most we deserved from tonight. If you adopt some perspective, we played at home to a team with a fraction of our resources, proved by the fact they could only name four substitutes, and one of them was a 50 year old stand in goalkeeper. If you think any criticism is only from the "pitchfork brigade", then you must live on a different planet to most of us.

Instead of pathetic comments about pitchforks, how about you give us your summary of the game?
    Both these comments. The first I reached that viewpoint a couple of months ago now. Is anyone really suprised we made a hash of it at home to Kings Lynn? I'm not, we never play well, the only time we have dicked a team is when we went down to ten men and Doyle went on goal! We're very average considering the advantages we have.

The second post by elite is even more relevant. So we've probably got our worst result ever at home or at least one of them, it's the 4th or 5th game lately we show nothing and we're lucky not to lost. To Kings Lynn. Then if you put you're not happy about that (cause let's face it who the **** would be?!) and then the childish put your pitchforks down, it's not a case of pitchforks or not, it's football fans being really pissed off at a **** result at home like ALL the teams fans would be. This board is going down the tubes, everyone trying to points score on each other, it brings about as much joy thesedays as Notts style of play under Ardley.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Hopefully no more utter chite like last nights 'performance'. I'm starting to think (and I don't think I'm alone here) that Ardley is in no way capable of managing a team with expectations of promotion. He is best suited to a club that is constantly up against it and is expected to defend from the front and scrape enough points together.
    That's not a crazy suggestion by any means. His Wimbledon record and when he was most successful is when playing the underdog with less resources. To get them promoted and to keep them in L1.

His conservative style and defensivel approach at Notts to date backs up your statement to some degree.

Only time will tell come end of the season when it's all said and done.

If anyone wants to points score over people being mad at that result and performance then get a life. It's the players and Ardley we should be mad at, not each other, we all want to go up and we're going nowhere. Let's see if Roberts can save the season again.

Next two games are also at home, so we need to return to winning ways because we'll then only have six home games left (with Dover presumably being cancelled) and 13 away - of which 9 of the away games will be against sides currently in the top half.. 6 of the remaining 9 at home (including the two coming up) are also against current top half teams, so the the 2nd half of the season looks tougher with us still to play Wrexham, Eastleigh and Bromley twice and away games to come at Torquay, Hartlepool and Yeovil.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Was it ‘sta-bil-ity’?

To be fair, he is pretty good when his pre match plan goes in the bin because the keeper gets sent off, and the real manager decides to go in goal.
    Do I have to use an emoji....... made me laugh that.

This is a snippet from a match report in their local paper:

King’s Lynn Town may be a club in crisis but they are clearly not in the mood to give up.

A goal in the first minute by Sonny Carey and a dramatic equaliser in time added on secured a point for Lynn against all odds.

It came on the day that strikers Adam Marriott and Dayle Southwell became the first sacrifices made by Town as they look to see out the National League season.

Both were placed on furlough as owner Stephen Cleeve looks to cut costs to the bare minimum in an effort to continue playing.

The absence of leading scorer Marriott, who has scored six league goals this season, and Southwell, who has four, leaves manager Ian Culverhouse with just Michael Gash and Kairo Mitchell as recognised strikers.

The four-strong bench at Meadow Lane included Culverhouse’s 50-year-old assistant manager and retired goalkeeper Paul Bastock.

And while non-furloughed players on the books this week will receive full wages, the situation is only going to become more difficult after next Saturday’s game at Woking, when more players are set to join Marriott and Southwell.

A club deep in crisis and down to the bare bones in playing staff, and we were lucky to get a point!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    This is a snippet from a match report in their local paper:

King’s Lynn Town may be a club in crisis but they are clearly not in the mood to give up.

A goal in the first minute by Sonny Carey and a dramatic equaliser in time added on secured a point for Lynn against all odds.

It came on the day that strikers Adam Marriott and Dayle Southwell became the first sacrifices made by Town as they look to see out the National League season.

Both were placed on furlough as owner Stephen Cleeve looks to cut costs to the bare minimum in an effort to continue playing.

The absence of leading scorer Marriott, who has scored six league goals this season, and Southwell, who has four, leaves manager Ian Culverhouse with just Michael Gash and Kairo Mitchell as recognised strikers.

The four-strong bench at Meadow Lane included Culverhouse’s 50-year-old assistant manager and retired goalkeeper Paul Bastock.

And while non-furloughed players on the books this week will receive full wages, the situation is only going to become more difficult after next Saturday’s game at Woking, when more players are set to join Marriott and Southwell.

A club deep in crisis and down to the bare bones in playing staff, and we were lucky to get a point!
    It certainly doesn’t reflect well. What will compound matters is when they are furloughing other players what kind of side will they put out and against our nearest rivals?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It certainly doesn’t reflect well. What will compound matters is when they are furloughing other players what kind of side will they put out and against our nearest rivals?
    Good point - wait till the 50-year-old on the bench is their first choice keeper.

The players and management at Notts should feel embarrassed by last night's performance. Am I the only mug who's still paying £20 to see these substandard efforts?

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast