+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Kings Lynn Town FC 02.03.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's not a crazy suggestion by any means. His Wimbledon record and when he was most successful is when playing the underdog with less resources. To get them promoted and to keep them in L1.

His conservative style and defensivel approach at Notts to date backs up your statement to some degree.

Only time will tell come end of the season when it's all said and done.
    Ardley barely did that, his performance has been usually average at best

It took him 3 seasons to get Wimbledon promoted , and when he did, they were not really promotion candidates, finished 5th or 6th then went up in the play offs, so you could say slightly lucky
    Then when he got them up, they struggled for 3 seasons, barely staving off relegation each season

And wimbledon are still in league 1 today, so every other manager since he left, has kept them up, hardly testament to Ardely being an outstanding manager

I have absolutely no idea whether they deserved to win their play off final in 2015/16 or they were "slightly lucky" but I know they won 2-0.

It's good to know that Ardley has a successful playoff campaign on his managerial record. That's a relief to hear after last season's final defeat and disappointment. Thanks Davy.

Also it's great to see such widespread use of the term 'pitchfork(s)' on this thread and NCM in general.

I have absolutely no idea whether they deserved to win their play off final in 2015/16 or they were "slightly lucky" but I know they won 2-0.

It's good to know that Ardley has a successful playoff campaign on his managerial record. That's a relief to hear after last season's final defeat and disappointment. Thanks Davy.

Also it's great to see such widespread use of the term 'pitchfork(s)' on this thread and NCM in general.
    Might have been why Alan Hardy hired him as manager,
    Any team that goes up in the play offs , usually has some kind of luck, or just that everything runs for them, in other words its a lottery , this is why a team that finishes 20 points behind another team, can win, and be promoted

True you always need a little luck.

When Warnock took us up in back to back play offs we fully deserved it not just because we were the better side in both finals but also because we finished comfortably clear of our play off rivals both seasons.

What a time to be a Notts fan

How does the mighty Sutton squad, man for man, compare to the Notts squad?

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    How does the mighty Sutton squad, man for man, compare to the Notts squad?
    Eight points better from the same number of games so far.

Smile

True you always need a little luck.

When Warnock took us up in back to back play offs we fully deserved it not just because we were the better side in both finals but also because we finished comfortably clear of our play off rivals both seasons.

What a time to be a Notts fan
    It was fantastic, remember those days fondly, the family used to visit my nans, me and my dad went to the match, then back there for tea after - happy days

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Eight points better from the same number of games so far.
    What I meant was, which gems have they unearthed compared to our gems? I'm sure you knew that.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeignLegion View Post
    What I meant was, which gems have they unearthed compared to our gems? I'm sure you knew that.
    I did, but to be honest I couldn't name a single Sutton player. Hopefully someone will be better informed than me.

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast