+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Kings Lynn Town FC 02.03.21 [NL]

Feels like we are at a bit of a crossroads where something needs to happen to kick us on. Sutton are a fair way in front now, but Torquay were and they faulted. We’re a bit like Stockport who I reckon possibly have the best budget in that we’re stuttering with a good squad even if results aren’t terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by St Kitts Magpie View Post
    I agree. Its not that the fans are overreacting to tonight in isolation, as it can happen. But we have been getting outplayed a lot in the last few weeks and somehow getting away with it..1st half on Saturday was shocking. Chesterfield before that was just as bad..Even H&W missed chances to beat us and we nicked it on pens..
    I've said it before and I'll say it again....sometimes you've just got to drop Doyle. End of. We can't win the league with a 40 year old captain playing Sat-Tues.....it's not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    Very poor, very lucky. As others have suggested we’ve been poor over the last few games.

I know and agree, people will criticise NA. That aside, surely the players must have some pride.
    I agree, but if you're set up wrongly as a team, a bad manager can make Ronaldo and Messi look rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Elite to answer your question, we were **** from start to finish. We are lucky to have picked up any points against Kings Lynn let alone 4. The players didn’t play to capability. Is that the managers fault or should the players take accountability?
    I would say both. Tonight the manager was poor, the players were poor. We both seem to agree on that, so where do pitchforks come into it? One poster might not agree, but it is possible to criticise a poor performance without owning a pitchfork*.

*I think the completely innocuous word 'pitchfork' should be added to the swearword list and be automatically starred out. It's something laddo invented and it causes nothing but division and pointless stereotypes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    This week I have mostly been reading Shakespeare.......

Attachment 18540
    Isn't that The Wasteland ?

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Haha yes you're probably right if it was someone else but I don't honestly think Lullapie is one of those people. Anyone who is checking in between meetings on the other side of the planet is a true Notts fan for sure.
    Cheers Swale and what makes it worse is I'll feel $hit for the rest of the day because of the performance/result, whereas you poor buggers won't be able to sleep .

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again....sometimes you've just got to drop Doyle. End of. We can't win the league with a 40 year old captain playing Sat-Tues.....it's not possible.
    I agree completely. But you know it will be the Doyle Reeves combo again Saturday ..Not against either individually( although im going off Reeves in the last few weeks) but both play every single minute without question game after game..Wolfe alongside Doyle would work for me

Taking off two players with pace was incredibly stupid as you lose the pace on the counter attack.

Also after scoring two on Saturday doesn’t even get on weird that.

I think we will make the play offs our problem is we can win 3 on the spin but then we lose/draw say 2 out of the next 3 so you don’t gain any ground on the top two....I know it’s Torquay/Sutton now but I think the two who will go past them are Hartlepool and Stockport we shouldn’t be far behind but I dunno Ardley is a “safe” manager.

I know we are one game from Wembley but we would have been better off crashing out of that cup at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I would say both. Tonight the manager was poor, the players were poor. We both seem to agree on that, so where do pitchforks come into it? One poster might not agree, but it is possible to criticise a poor performance without owning a pitchfork*.

*I think the completely innocuous word 'pitchfork' should be added to the swearword list and be automatically starred out. It's something laddo invented and it causes nothing but division and pointless stereotypes.
    Pitchforks don’t. It was very much tongue in cheek. A bit like the substitutions whereby they probably seemed like a good idea at the time and backfired somewhat. Suppose that’s the dullard in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

It's like how the media present things...people are either left or right, there's no inbetween, there's no grey area, there's no rationale. It's 'black and white'. You're either Ardley in or out...which is a bit ridiculous .....there's miles more too it than that. Although, we are defo a bit shyte at the moment.

Page 21 of 28 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast