+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Kings Lynn Town FC 02.03.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes indeed, I have had considerable experience of the subject in my NCM inbox from rude and ungrateful people who very definitely don't deserve the leniency they have been shown long term in the moderation of their accounts (plural).
    .....and you haven't been rude to me. Why am I not surprised you and thicko seem to get on.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    I tell you what...

Why not put on Sam instead of Effiong at the end? Somebody who has previously had his best 30 mins or so in a Notts shirt (2nd half of Oxford City game obvs) and filled himself full of confidence, doesn't even get a run out for the last 10 mins?
    That's Ardley's fault and Ardley's decision...and Effiong gave away the free kick.
    It’s all very well saying that but how many people on here who were watching the game and commenting on the game versus Oxford City would have taken Sam off at Half Time? I’d suggest a very high % seeing as he was identified as the standout worst Notts player on show.

If the manager had done likewise he doesn’t have his best 30 mins in a Notts shirt , doesn’t score twice and doesn't score one of the best goals I’ve ever seen.

Let’s not forget that

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I would say both. Tonight the manager was poor, the players were poor. We both seem to agree on that, so where do pitchforks come into it? One poster might not agree, but it is possible to criticise a poor performance without owning a pitchfork*.

*I think the completely innocuous word 'pitchfork' should be added to the swearword list and be automatically starred out. It's something laddo invented and it causes nothing but division and pointless stereotypes.
    As does "Ardleys disciples" which equally is unfounded. All the blame can't be laid at Ardleys door, we went 442, went direct and players couldn't do it, need a lot more from Rodriguez and Enzio in 1 on 1s. I really wish Enzio wouldn't take so many touches when hes better taking a touch on the half turn and going at them and we need to find a centre forward of real quality, we have one top class one for this league and the other 3 are average for differing reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    That was pretty darn bad. As bad as I’ve seen this season. There’s big problems with this side at the minute, we make whoever we play against look ten times better than what they are.

Barnett...reminds me of that guy we had in the relegation year (the last relegation) Dan someone, great left foot and going forward but can’t defend for toffee.

Effiong...well, what a way to mark your birthday appearance. Fell over once, gave away two fouls, one of them critical. Surely his last game in a Notts shirt.

Doyle....Legs have gone, sorry. There was one clip today where a Kings Lynn player ran through the middle and Doyle literally gave up....you can see him just strolling back.

Central defence.....overly exposed and look knackered.

Attack.....no imagination or fluidity, no pace or consistent threat. Thank god for Wootton.

Strange substitutions.

This was a team near the bottom of our division and they outfought and outplayed us in every department when they have pretty much nothing to play for...they only had 4 subs, one of them a 50 year old goalie ��

With no disrespect to Kings Lynn I actually feel frustrated and embarrassed by that performance.
    Agree with all of this. Take Wootton out of the equation and all of the best performances tonight were from King’s Lynn players. They played without fear and made us look very poor indeed. Tonight’s the first time this season I’ve started to think we may not even make the playoffs.

Very strange management to not even give Sam 20 minutes after Saturday’s events.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It’s all very well saying that but how many people on here who were watching the game and commenting on the game versus Oxford City would have taken Sam off at Half Time? I’d suggest a very high % seeing as he was identified as the standout worst Notts player on show.

If the manager had done likewise he doesn’t have his best 30 mins in a Notts shirt , doesn’t score twice and doesn't score one of the best goals I’ve ever seen.

Let’s not forget that
    It's a fair point, but at the same time WTF has Effiong done since he's arrived?? Strike whilst the iron is hot and stick Sam on for the last 15 surely?? That's just common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    .....and you haven't been rude to me. Why am I not surprised you and thicko seem to get on.
    Correct, I've rarely been rude to anyone on here and definitely not to you. I've been generous and lenient to you as moderator during your post match episodes but your rude message was far beyond the pale.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    It's a fair point, but at the same time WTF has Effiong done since he's arrived?? Strike whilst the iron is hot and stick Sam on for the last 15 surely?? That's just common sense.
    Unless Ardley was thinking protect the points. No reference whatsoever to anything he has previously said.
    I would imagine Effiong was brought on to try and hold the ball up and be a presence in our box given the number of set pieces they had. That’s the only plausible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Taking off two players with pace was incredibly stupid as you lose the pace on the counter attack.

Also after scoring two on Saturday doesn’t even get on weird that.

I think we will make the play offs our problem is we can win 3 on the spin but then we lose/draw say 2 out of the next 3 so you don’t gain any ground on the top two....I know it’s Torquay/Sutton now but I think the two who will go past them are Hartlepool and Stockport we shouldn’t be far behind but I dunno Ardley is a “safe” manager.

I know we are one game from Wembley but we would have been better off crashing out of that cup at the start.
    I bet Hornchurch are crappin themselves.. Or rubbing there hands cos Wembleys just down the road.. 👍

Sam not coming on rather than Effiong is baffling and not sure why Enzio came off should have been Rodriguez who was having a stunner! Never gives subs enough time either, oh god I despair with this team.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

I know we are one game from Wembley but we would have been better off crashing out of that cup at the start.
    It's definitively not helping us and the full effects of the fixture pile up are yet to be felt. Ardley called it a "schedule from hell" in the post match interview tonight.

Page 22 of 28 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast