+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Kings Lynn Town FC 02.03.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Look im not a fan of Ardley, as many are aware
    But lets put things into perspective.
    We should still get to the play offs- once their Notts fate will be decided over 2 or 3 games, lets just hope we get lucky
    Do you think that's good enough? Because I don't. Most of the teams at the top aren't necessarily blessed with better players than us but their hunger and desire is 20 times ours. Which is a real shame. If we get into the play offs and currently its a big if then we will be destroyed playing anything like that. We hoped we would get lucky last season and then got destroyed after beating a poor Barnet side. Tonight made me realise just how far we have fallen.

Why is anyone surprised that they dominated us?
    Many have come here and done that since NA took over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post
    I've never courted popularity on here and I respect you for taking an impossible task as mod. Doesn't get away from the fact that you were always quick to ban me but not your leftie mates. I'm not denying I wasn't rude to you in our personnel messages but we both know you gave as good as you got. Again, this won't make me popular on here, but I really don't give a fcuk. You sir and your mate saddo, are arse wipes.
    I have never banned you. You had a only an automated '10 day sin bin' for tottiing up enough minor infractions, like 5 yellows leading to a suspension. If you ever received a ban it must have come from FootyMad. I don't have a mate called saddo I'm afraid. Your insults really are out of order. I treated you far more than fairly when you SHOULD have been banned in the eyes of many who messaged requesting it. Your attitude is very disappointing. Leftie mates? Lost me again with that one.

By the way, what on Earth do you mean by 'we both know you gave as good as you got'? That's utterly untrue, as you plainly knew as you typed it. Please don't make me post screenshots...

Anyway, I'm reasonably confident that our respective reputations on here precede us, so let's leave it at that eh?
    Last edited by SwalePie; 03-03-2021 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Typo

Dunno why you have come in for so much stick today Swale, but none of it is deserved.

To use one of my favourite phrases, I hope your skin is thicker than the average Forest fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Dunno why you have come in for so much stick today Swale, but none of it is deserved.

To use one of my favourite phrases, I hope your skin is thicker than the average Forest fan.
    Me neither. Must be something in the air. Still, as we used to say in the Dales village where I used to live, 'at least if they're having a go at you they're probably leaving someone else alone!'

COYP!

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Look im not a fan of Ardley, as many are aware
    But lets put things into perspective.
    We should still get to the play offs- once their Notts fate will be decided over 2 or 3 games, lets just hope we get lucky
    We shouldn't need luck with this squad, just a manager who sets us up to attack and let the other team worry about us.
    NA will not get us out of this league.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I also agree.

I would like to see a few players leading and handing out a few verbals. I only saw O’Brien do that after he was introduced.
    I don't think it is just an Ardley trait, but we have had a multitude of managers over the years that have been very good at signing decent players and turning them into rubbish. Some of them have managed to resurrect their careers after leaving Notts, but so many have fallen by the wayside.

However, what IS important is that Ardley is turning good players into dross. I get to see so few Notts games (due to the time difference), but I do put faith into many on here and some very good match reports from 'My Man in Havana' - i961pie.

It is easy for some good managers to turn poorly performing players into good ones by changing the position that they play in and unfortunately some managers can change good players into poor ones by playing them out of position or with little support.

I know I am probably being 'melodramatic' (Swale quote), but I fear we have wasted another season in this terrible league and yet again, punched well below our weight.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Do you think that's good enough? Because I don't. Most of the teams at the top aren't necessarily blessed with better players than us but their hunger and desire is 20 times ours. Which is a real shame. If we get into the play offs and currently its a big if then we will be destroyed playing anything like that. We hoped we would get lucky last season and then got destroyed after beating a poor Barnet side. Tonight made me realise just how far we have fallen.
    I think we are far enough from the club (geographically) to see things in a different light. I hope the owners decide enough is enough and use some of their hard earned cash to bring in a tried and tested winner as manager. Many lower-end league managers would die for a role and security like that that Ardley has.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post

I've never been comfortable with him since he changed his border collie pic .

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    I've never been comfortable with him since he changed his border collie pic .
    looks like a nice dog

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast