+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: QPR v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Typical, just like a 189 bus from Cas to Wakey!. We wait 70 years for a win away at QP. Rangers and now 2 come along at once.
    Wow, 6 wins in a row at this level is absolutely amazing, and who knows what this Tykes juggernaut will do next.

First time we have done the double over QPR since 1950.....!
    The fitness of these boys is outstanding, however watching Styles walk round the pitch when subbed showed how much it takes out of them, he looked all in poor lad.
    Mowatt brilliant tonight, Woodrow was a thorn and never stopped pestering them, Helik and Andersen are unbelievable together better every game, if these 2 are not in their squads for the Euro’s I’ll be amazed.
    Dike and Morris are real finds and will improve with every game, the big yank is starting to get to grips with English football.

We weren't sure abaart Dike were we, after seeing him as a sub against Chelski. And thankfully Val dusn't listen to us or he would have sent him back home lol.
    It's a shame that we have probably seen the end of Solly's dominance at the back, but Helik & Andersen have improved so well in what seems like a short time.

I said before the Chelsea and Brentford games even though we were likely to lose to Chelsea and not easy to get anything at Brentford, meant it was really important to perform well for confidence levels after the prior 3 league defeats we had. We certainly did that and to me this was the kick start to our current run of success. As we say fine lines, hammerings in the cup and at Brentford and all could have gone pear shape - a BIG well done to the players and management team.

Didnt no score till i watched quest. Only other time i did this was middlesbourgh when we lost 2.1 it showed qpr on attack first i thought nooooòoòo fantastic.our lass as switched alliance's frm leeds bfc have been making her feel emotional.first match we went to leeds when we won 5.2 we were in west stand weeds took lead are lass cheered this bell told her to fcking shut a said a seh dunt talk to her like that are dont and av to go home wi her.anyway everytime tarn scored all us lot were yehsss patting her on head it wa ace best match shed ever been to she wa watching leeds when yahboah (spelling) wa playing hoping to get 2 season tickets for nxt year.

Great result for the lads, and us. Some very good performances last night, notably Mowatt and Dike for me. I was concerned to see Dike limping heavily at full time, I hope hes OK to master Marc Roberts on Saturday.

I have to say Im happy with the clubs situation and the points tally so far but I really dont like watching this style of football despite current results. Is it just me or do others feel the same? This just isnt the Barnsley way as successful as it is at the moment. As the pitches dry out, I would love to see us play on the deck a little bit, but not at the cost of jeopardising the prospects of top 6.

On another note, where has that new centre half signing disappeared to, anyone heard any news on him? I cant even remember his name.

Onwards and upwards!

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Great result for the lads, and us. Some very good performances last night, notably Mowatt and Dike for me. I was concerned to see Dike limping heavily at full time, I hope hes OK to master Marc Roberts on Saturday.

I have to say Im happy with the clubs situation and the points tally so far but I really dont like watching this style of football despite current results. Is it just me or do others feel the same? This just isnt the Barnsley way as successful as it is at the moment. As the pitches dry out, I would love to see us play on the deck a little bit, but not at the cost of jeopardising the prospects of top 6.

On another note, where has that new centre half signing disappeared to, anyone heard any news on him? I cant even remember his name.

Onwards and upwards!
    Like you I'm a purist too Eths. However, I think tha maybe doing these lads and head coach a bit of an injustice. I thought in patches last night our football was excellent, especially in the first aif. It was at times one touch give and goes around the QPR penalty area. Some great movement too from Dike and Chaplin. Palmer
    too is an 'on the floor footballer' and so too is Morris and these players are looking to get the ball darn.

Yes, Vals emphasis is on getting the ball forward quickly but I think we've proved that we can also mix our play with long physical stuff and some quality football depending on the opposition. Last night QPR were always second guessing us. Our unpredictability poses problems for the opposition. We've proven that we can play sh1thouse football against the Millwalls and Cardiffs. We've also proven that we can play football against good passing teams like Norwich and Chelsea.

It's taken time for me to adapt Eths but I'm coming round to our strategy and intent out there on the pitch. It proves that there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Like you I'm a purist too Eths. However, I think tha maybe doing these lads and head coach a bit of an injustice. I thought in patches last night our football was excellent, especially in the first aif. It was at times one touch give and goes around the QPR penalty area. Some great movement too from Dike and Chaplin. Palmer
    too is an 'on the floor footballer' and so too is Morris and these players are looking to get the ball darn.

Yes, Vals emphasis is on getting the ball forward quickly but I think we've proved that we can also mix our play with long physical stuff and some quality football depending on the opposition. Last night QPR were always second guessing us. Our unpredictability poses problems for the opposition. We've proven that we can play sh1thouse football against the Millwalls and Cardiffs. We've also proven that we can play football against good passing teams like Norwich and Chelsea.

It's taken time for me to adapt Eths but I'm coming round to our strategy and intent out there on the pitch. It proves that there's more than one way to skin a cat.
    I acknowledge what you say Pass, we did get it down a bit last night and looked good doing it. Its just my preference that I like to see the game played that way. However as results go our way I cant see us changing our game plan which is sensible given the run we are on.

Morris looks like a great addition to the team some of his first touches are first class, Ive no idea why Norwich didnt fancy him.

Yet anutha terrific win for Barnsley,well done.I hope you make the play offs.UTMPB

Mowatt had a good game.
    You’ll never hear me criticise him.

Seriously tho - he needs to keep that going.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast