+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings Versus Kings Lynn

Some of the 3's and 4's on here are merited for once.

Last night was awful. So much for "Rotating the squad, keeping things fresh, giving people a rest" etc etc. Rubbish.... 99% of us on here could have named last nights starting X1 without too much thought, so the resting/rotating argument doesn't apply.

For a while now I've thought we take to the field looking like a squad who have trained really hard for 3 hours earlier the same day.
    We have 2 midfielders who are content (or coached?) to constantly play the ball backwards, thus destroying any forward momentum. What's the point of making a forward run if the instinct by the midfield-two is to immediately turn the other way.
    Frankly it's garbage, and we have a snowball chance in hell of winning this league, and not a much bigger one of promotion through the play-off's either.

I have paid out for most streams this season. Saturday I might just go to the allotment and lock myself in the shed for an hour and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Having slept on it, I’m struggling to remember a game when I saw a Notts side carved open so repeatedly, both through the middle and (mainly) down the left-hand side. A thoroughly depressing evening that needs to serve as a wake-up call to the management, players and club. A few scores...

Slocombe - Made one excellent save in the first half to keep us in the game, fumbled one free kick but wasn’t otherwise tested too much because their finishing was generally dire - 6

DKE - Made a few ***** interceptions, wasted a great crossing opportunity, but one of the few bright spots - 6

Barnett - Other than the deflected assist for the first goal, woeful. Let’s hope it was a one-off because he looked like he’d never set foot on a pitch before - 2

Lacey - His worst performance n a Notts shirt. Struggled all night against a physical opponent, looked like he’d run a marathon the previous day - 4

Rawlinson - Same as his partner, really, some very iffy moments in the six-yard box. Maybe should have scored at the other end, but was blocked off. Used up a lot of luck last night - 5

Doyle - Night summed up when, under no pressure, he gifted possession to the opposing centre forward 30 yards from goal. He’s been part of the problem all season, but Ardley refuses to see it. Should be sat on the bench, but is still untouchable in the manager’s eyes - 3

Reeves - Gave the ball away far too easily, struggling to remember any positive contribution he made - 3

Ruben - Should have scored with the free header, but otherwise the game passed him by - again. Why is he still getting cramp when he plays for 90 minutes, what’s the problem here? - 3

Enzio - Put a shift in, but had zero influence in the final third, which is what we pay him for - 5

Knowles - Also worked hard but never looked like scoring. Couple of air shots in the box when he needed more composure - 5

Wootton - The only contender for man of the match. Two excellent headers and held the ball up well. Highlights that Notts have become a two-man team - and one of them had been injured for four months - 8

Subs - JOB shouted quite a lot, but not sure he did much else. Effiong had a disastrous cameo, looks like a man with zero confidence who used to be a footballer.

Ardley - To be outfought and outplayed by Kings Lynn once is a misfortune, for it to happen twice looks like carelessness. He acknowledges that we’re playing poorly at the moment, but what’s he going to do to change that? We still don’t have a settled formation, are still lightweight and slow in the middle of the park, don’t create much (can’t wait to see the stats from last night) and look a million miles away from being a promotion contender. And he’s already banging on about the fixture overload, even though it’s pretty much the same for all clubs. Right now, this looks like being another wasted season.

Finally, a word of praise for Kings Lynn, who really took the game to Notts, scored a worldie and battled back when it must have been so disheartening to play so well in the first half and somehow go in 2-1 down. I hope they get to carry on this season, but if not we should definitely be trying to sign Carey, who was excellent throughout.

As upthemagpies said in another post, this game was a nadir for the club, a sign of how far we’ve sunk this century. It looks a long way back right now.
    nw6pie, We could sign Carey or any player that has a blinder against us but you know and I know, and you know that I know, and I know that you know that I know that Ardley would immediately turn him into a puddin'. I strongly suspect the Reedtz brothers know it too and that's why he's not been trusted to spend their money on buying proven players. Roberts and Rueben cost nowt but that's two out of about forty players he's signed who haven't turned out to be average or worse, or he's turned them into average, or worse.

Having slept on it, I’m struggling to remember a game when I saw a Notts side carved open so repeatedly, both through the middle and (mainly) down the left-hand side. .
    It reminded me of some of the early games of the relegation season, like Yeovil at home. Midfield completely ineffective and the opposition just running through time and again. People have said our defence looked off last night, but the midfield offered zero protection. Doyle and Reeves as a midfield two simply doesn't work.

The only reason we're getting anything from games is because we have players that are relatively talented for this level. In terms of our tactics, organisation, and energy levels, we're miles behind even the likes of King's Lynn.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 03-03-2021 at 09:18 AM.

nw6pie - spot on assessment. Also agree with slack pie - the midfield offered no protection to our defence last night.

I wish I could offer something different, or more positive to this thread....but I can’t!

We looked more like relegation fodder than promotion hopefuls....in fact who would have thought they were the team in trouble and vice verca?

Having slept on it, I’m struggling to remember a game when I saw a Notts side carved open so repeatedly, both through the middle and (mainly) down the left-hand side. A thoroughly depressing evening that needs to serve as a wake-up call to the management, players and club. A few scores...

Slocombe - Made one excellent save in the first half to keep us in the game, fumbled one free kick but wasn’t otherwise tested too much because their finishing was generally dire - 6

DKE - Made a few ***** interceptions, wasted a great crossing opportunity, but one of the few bright spots - 6

Barnett - Other than the deflected assist for the first goal, woeful. Let’s hope it was a one-off because he looked like he’d never set foot on a pitch before - 2

Lacey - His worst performance n a Notts shirt. Struggled all night against a physical opponent, looked like he’d run a marathon the previous day - 4

Rawlinson - Same as his partner, really, some very iffy moments in the six-yard box. Maybe should have scored at the other end, but was blocked off. Used up a lot of luck last night - 5

Doyle - Night summed up when, under no pressure, he gifted possession to the opposing centre forward 30 yards from goal. He’s been part of the problem all season, but Ardley refuses to see it. Should be sat on the bench, but is still untouchable in the manager’s eyes - 3

Reeves - Gave the ball away far too easily, struggling to remember any positive contribution he made - 3

Ruben - Should have scored with the free header, but otherwise the game passed him by - again. Why is he still getting cramp when he plays for 90 minutes, what’s the problem here? - 3

Enzio - Put a shift in, but had zero influence in the final third, which is what we pay him for - 5

Knowles - Also worked hard but never looked like scoring. Couple of air shots in the box when he needed more composure - 5

Wootton - The only contender for man of the match. Two excellent headers and held the ball up well. Highlights that Notts have become a two-man team - and one of them had been injured for four months - 8

Subs - JOB shouted quite a lot, but not sure he did much else. Effiong had a disastrous cameo, looks like a man with zero confidence who used to be a footballer.

Ardley - To be outfought and outplayed by Kings Lynn once is a misfortune, for it to happen twice looks like carelessness. He acknowledges that we’re playing poorly at the moment, but what’s he going to do to change that? We still don’t have a settled formation, are still lightweight and slow in the middle of the park, don’t create much (can’t wait to see the stats from last night) and look a million miles away from being a promotion contender. And he’s already banging on about the fixture overload, even though it’s pretty much the same for all clubs. Right now, this looks like being another wasted season.

Finally, a word of praise for Kings Lynn, who really took the game to Notts, scored a worldie and battled back when it must have been so disheartening to play so well in the first half and somehow go in 2-1 down. I hope they get to carry on this season, but if not we should definitely be trying to sign Carey, who was excellent throughout.

As upthemagpies said in another post, this game was a nadir for the club, a sign of how far we’ve sunk this century. It looks a long way back right now.
    Can't argue with any of that, a perfect summary.

Agree on Doyle. Some of the ratings/comments on Reeves have been a tad harsh. I think he'd thrive on the extra responsibility of being the main holding midfielder...

I always thought the mini-campaign on here to insert Knowles into the starting 11 was wrong. We've looked at our best with 4-2-3-1 this season. I don't think he's consistent or imposing enough to help us pick up enough wins.

In all honesty that performance makes me question whether we are even going to make the playoffs...... I’m not going to bother with marks I think we are all on the same page.

2 points from the last 9. You have to go all the way down to 16th place to find a team who have taken less in the last 3 games.

Another year in this league beckons......
    Last edited by The_Don_ORiordan; 03-03-2021 at 11:18 AM.

I wouldn't be able to give my player ratings without swearing. Oh, fcuk it.
    Slocombe 6
    Bertie 7
    The rest 1.....between them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast