+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player Ratings Versus Kings Lynn

Slocombe 6 - A couple of decent saves, no chance with the goals
    Kelly-Evans 5.5 - Got forward a few times but not his best defensively
    Barnett 4.5 - Never looked at ease, disappointing
    Lacey 4.5 - Pulled all over the place, a game to forget
    Rawlinson 5 - Some way below his recent high standard
    Rodrigues 4 - Struggled to get involved, largely anonymous
    Doyle 5 - Passing was poor, nothing creative again
    Reeves 4 - Wasted a lot of possession, did nothing of note
    Boldewijn 5 - A couple of decent runs but no real threat
    Wootton 8.5* - Two good finishes, head and shoulders above the rest
    Knowles 5.5 - Tried hard but never got into scoring positions

Subs - the less said the better

Kyle Wootton is the only player who emerges from that mess with credit. We were playing poorly and scraping wins, now we're playing poorly and dropping points. That was an awful, lifeless performance. We should be so much better than this.

Defence, 7, did pretty well with no cover in front.
    Midfield 3, no energy, little creativity, so deep KL had space in front to exploit time and time again as we failed to engage with them.
    Forwards, 8, Wootton 9. He and Knowles ran their legs off and fed off scraps, again.

We've tried every combination bar one, dropping Doyle who apart from one cross to Rodriguess did pretty much nothing of note all night.

Ardley is always banging on about how players such as DKE, Rawlinson and others need a rest for playing continously, but he never mentions Doyle or Reeves. Are those two contracted to play every game ?? If not, why are they not rotated.. Its not as if they have been playing a blinder every game. More the opposite. Personally i dont think Ardley has the guts to drop either of them...With some youthful energy in the midfield we may just begin to look the part once again...

I have watched virtually every home game and about a third of the away. That has to go down as one of the worst ( barring Dover ) performances this season. Even my lads who are always ultra positive asked why Ardley didn't freshen things up and why he insists on the midfield duo - more Delboy and Rodders than Batman and Robin!!. I get excited every time matchtime approaches yet Notts are at least consistent in one thing - Striving to disappoint and failing to fulfil my desire for a great performance. One man is at the helm of this - Mr Ardley, nice guy, little nouse.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Ardley is always banging on about how players such as DKE, Rawlinson and others need a rest for playing continously, but he never mentions Doyle or Reeves. Are those two contracted to play every game ?? If not, why are they not rotated.. Its not as if they have been playing a blinder every game. More the opposite. Personally i dont think Ardley has the guts to drop either of them...With some youthful energy in the midfield we may just begin to look the part once again...
    Noted the performances of Reeves have been very poor, contributes little to the team needs to get involved more.

Quote Originally Posted by eastwoodmagpie View Post
    Noted the performances of Reeves have been very poor, contributes little to the team needs to get involved more.
    Having criticized Reeves on Tuesday, I did note while watching the goals back that he did at least set up the first goal for Kyle after making a run into the box and crossing.

One of the many concerns for me on Tuesday was that despite it being an incredibly open game, it basically passed Ruben Rodrigues by. Is that because we're just not getting him on the ball in good areas, or that he plays well once every four or five games? Given that neither he nor Doyle nor Reeves played at the weekend, they should have been full of energy for this one. Instead, Ruben got cramp at the end again and was clearly flagging after 70 minutes - picked up one yellow card for a tired foul, and might have picked up another one for the same mistake 10 minutes later with a different ref.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123