+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Ratings Versus Kings Lynn

Player Ratings Versus Kings Lynn

I dont think I need to comment generally on the performance there will be a collective agreement even from the Ardley love in gang.

Slocombe - I wouldn't say he was at fault for the goals but he only let in 2 because of poor KL finishing. 6
    Barnett - Supplied a cross for Wootton. Other than that absolutelty diabolical. 1
    Lacey - Far from his usual composed self. Arguably out of the position for KL's first wonder strike. 4
    Rawlinson - Slightly better than lacy but way off his game - 5
    Kelly Evans - The best of the bunch at the back. Worked hard, final ball was not fantastic. 6
    Rodgirues - Faded badly after 70 minutes. Inventive moments but I do feel he is still way off his potential. 5
    Doyle - Not the best. - 6
    Reeves - A ton of misplaced passes, zero insight I wouldn't be unhappy if he left right now. 2
    Boldjewinn - Tried hard. End product lacking. 6
    Wootton - Easily Notts man of the match. 2 great goals worked very hard. 8
    Knowles. Plenty of endeavour and running around. No end product. 6

Subs

Effiong - What I should be saying is that it he didn't have enough time to make an impression. Unfortunatley that is not the case. 0
    O'Brien - Not enough time
    Wolff - Certainly not enough time.
    Last edited by queenslandpie; 02-03-2021 at 10:44 PM.

All I can add is that Chicksen must be really, really bad to be behind Barnett in the pecking order.

Both Barnett and Chicksen are very average players and are just not good enough. Effiong also is a complete waste of a shirt, and God knows how he got the nod over Sam..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Both Barnett and Chicksen are very average players and are just not good enough. Effiong also is a complete waste of a shirt, and God knows how he got the nod over Sam..
    havent seen anything of Chicksen but have seen enough of Barnett to agree. Reeves is frequently diabolical and Rodriguez is still unfit half way through the season. The most worrying aspect tonight was that our one shining light - our defence, looked shaky shaky shaky against a team who will be amongst the bottom few.

NA's selection is sometimes questionable.

Sams confidence must have been sky high after Saturday then he gets a kick in the teeth and can't even get on last night.
    I don't get it.

Having slept on it, I’m struggling to remember a game when I saw a Notts side carved open so repeatedly, both through the middle and (mainly) down the left-hand side. A thoroughly depressing evening that needs to serve as a wake-up call to the management, players and club. A few scores...

Slocombe - Made one excellent save in the first half to keep us in the game, fumbled one free kick but wasn’t otherwise tested too much because their finishing was generally dire - 6

DKE - Made a few ***** interceptions, wasted a great crossing opportunity, but one of the few bright spots - 6

Barnett - Other than the deflected assist for the first goal, woeful. Let’s hope it was a one-off because he looked like he’d never set foot on a pitch before - 2

Lacey - His worst performance n a Notts shirt. Struggled all night against a physical opponent, looked like he’d run a marathon the previous day - 4

Rawlinson - Same as his partner, really, some very iffy moments in the six-yard box. Maybe should have scored at the other end, but was blocked off. Used up a lot of luck last night - 5

Doyle - Night summed up when, under no pressure, he gifted possession to the opposing centre forward 30 yards from goal. He’s been part of the problem all season, but Ardley refuses to see it. Should be sat on the bench, but is still untouchable in the manager’s eyes - 3

Reeves - Gave the ball away far too easily, struggling to remember any positive contribution he made - 3

Ruben - Should have scored with the free header, but otherwise the game passed him by - again. Why is he still getting cramp when he plays for 90 minutes, what’s the problem here? - 3

Enzio - Put a shift in, but had zero influence in the final third, which is what we pay him for - 5

Knowles - Also worked hard but never looked like scoring. Couple of air shots in the box when he needed more composure - 5

Wootton - The only contender for man of the match. Two excellent headers and held the ball up well. Highlights that Notts have become a two-man team - and one of them had been injured for four months - 8

Subs - JOB shouted quite a lot, but not sure he did much else. Effiong had a disastrous cameo, looks like a man with zero confidence who used to be a footballer.

Ardley - To be outfought and outplayed by Kings Lynn once is a misfortune, for it to happen twice looks like carelessness. He acknowledges that we’re playing poorly at the moment, but what’s he going to do to change that? We still don’t have a settled formation, are still lightweight and slow in the middle of the park, don’t create much (can’t wait to see the stats from last night) and look a million miles away from being a promotion contender. And he’s already banging on about the fixture overload, even though it’s pretty much the same for all clubs. Right now, this looks like being another wasted season.

Finally, a word of praise for Kings Lynn, who really took the game to Notts, scored a worldie and battled back when it must have been so disheartening to play so well in the first half and somehow go in 2-1 down. I hope they get to carry on this season, but if not we should definitely be trying to sign Carey, who was excellent throughout.

As upthemagpies said in another post, this game was a nadir for the club, a sign of how far we’ve sunk this century. It looks a long way back right now.

And replacing Enzio with him was a sub for the sake of it - bringing on somebody completely off the pace. I guess it just fitted NA's pre-determined formula.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Sams confidence must have been sky high after Saturday then he gets a kick in the teeth and can't even get on last night.
    I don't get it.
    I think it’s fair to say that not capitalising on that confidence was dreadful man-management.

Last night was awful.
    They just wanted it more. Simple!
    We were second to everything.
    Doyle seems to constantly pick up the most stick on here but when Reeves is bad, he’s woeful.
    We’ve got a few players that, when they’re on form, I wonder how they’ve ended up playing non-league. But last night showed why.
    Wootton and DKE were the only players to leave the pitch with any credit.
    Effiong so far, is almost a comedian of a footballer. You’re just waiting for him to do something stupid.
    In 8 minutes he managed to head a ball whilst sat on the floor and gift them the free kick from which they scored.
    Charlie Slater was putting it to NA that the players looked leggy and jaded. To be fair to Ardley he wasn’t having that.
    Supporting Notts I accept we won’t always play attractive football or win every game. But what I don’t accept is a lack of desire and passion, and that’s what I saw last night!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast