+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whinging Neggos v Happy Clappers !

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    thats what I mean BT. Imagine moderating a post because of a spelling mistake ,it's beyond belief.
    And moving on...

.....My maxim is to get on with life and try and help the many people who find life difficult. You know sub , I have this difficulty, it's what you say. ''You're only here once so give the ball a good kick!'' ( we have to ruffle your feathers a bit , make you a little of the 'worrying kind' ,its not fair all this peace and quiet, up there. Look at me they say there are about over 150 k rockets facing us from Lebanon.)

That ''only here once ?'' touches on philosophy. Is it that I live, die, and then that's it. gone, gegangen! Can we, should we, open up a can of beans ,or worms ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    And moving on...
    exackly.

This forum tends to be the best around in terms of sensible moderation and common sense.

I suppose it is because it is a relatively small community and people tend to know each others opinions and nuances.

I did start using TMP's facebook site for a while but it has snowballed into something that is typically ****ty social media/facebooky.

I cant be arsed reading it now because A) Too much info all over the place and B ) too many humourless knobs.

I did stop using here for a long time because every thread seemed to get taken over by dull politics but that seems to have sorted itself out. It wasn't just here that was happening but all over S/Media and forums.
    Last edited by CaspertheClaret; 03-03-2021 at 11:04 AM.

I’d like to be thought of as a Whinging Clapper. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Balanbam00 View Post
    .....My maxim is to get on with life and try and help the many people who find life difficult. You know sub , I have this difficulty, it's what you say. ''You're only here once so give the ball a good kick!'' ( we have to ruffle your feathers a bit , make you a little of the 'worrying kind' ,its not fair all this peace and quiet, up there. Look at me they say there are about over 150 k rockets facing us from Lebanon.)

That ''only here once ?'' touches on philosophy. Is it that I live, die, and then that's it. gone, gegangen! Can we, should we, open up a can of beans ,or worms ?
    Balan ---you have to decide which course you take. Who am I to advise a man of your status --your choice ---have you got a can opener handy?

Oh, I have taken a course sub ,its just a pity others do not open the can, what secrets might it contain? I was poor in mathematics the teacher in those days used to really crop me at the back of the head, so somehow in that subject I froze. But I can never agree that 0 = 1, and always it must be 1=1. So that if we really only live once ,we may never know the secrets what could be inside a can of beans?

I am not bothered about a tin opener ,just yesterday ,rockets hit some American base ,and an Israeli owned ship somewhere near Oman was attacked, me thinks, far better to search for my 'tin hat'. ( Attack on Israeli-owned Helios Ray could have been lethal, but sinking the ship would have been seen as act of war by U.S. and regional states; Iran used strike on vessel to warn Israel of its maritime weakness.....sending a message that Israeli vessels will be defenseless when traveling in that international body of water. ) PS; If you have any spare tin hats there, even from the 1943 - 45 era ,it will do! The government supplies gas masks here ,but nothing now, will use my corona mask instead.

Quote Originally Posted by CaspertheClaret View Post
    This forum tends to be the best around in terms of sensible moderation and common sense.

I suppose it is because it is a relatively small community and people tend to know each others opinions and nuances.

I did start using TMP's facebook site for a while but it has snowballed into something that is typically ****ty social media/facebooky.

I cant be arsed reading it now because A) Too much info all over the place and B ) too many humourless knobs.

I did stop using here for a long time because every thread seemed to get taken over by dull politics but that seems to have sorted itself out. It wasn't just here that was happening but all over S/Media and forums.
    The "dull politics" was all sinkov's fault Casper, since I've sorted him out he has become a changed man and all the better for it, if I may say so!

"The tricky thing is I am of course admin so I get it in the neck for being a poor one for having anti club opinions at times! You can’t win. Do I shut up and take one for the Group team or continue to give my opinions and run the risk of members leaving or not coming? Answers on a postcard."

Don't need a postcard Phil, the answer is simple, have a look at the State of Play thread on here and contribute to that. I put up my opinion on why we are where are, very much for the same reasons you mentioned, some posters agreed with me, many didn't, everyone had their say, no one abused anyone else, no toys were thrown out of the pram.

And for the record, you might have invented the term 'whingeing neggoes', which is what you called me and one or two others, but you most certainly weren't one yourself. You always espoused the power of positive thinking, in fact I'm sure you even claimed that if there was less whingeing from the fans and more positivity, this would transfer to the players and results would improve. Nice idea, but I never really bought it and continued to whinge.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)