+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whinging Neggos v Happy Clappers !

Whinging Neggos v Happy Clappers !

Apparently one of my claims to fame is that I invented the term ‘Whinging Neggos’ originally because at the time I was backing up Steve Cotterill’s last couple of seasons when he was under threat of being sacked. Too many I thought were harping on too much in their negative attacks on Cotts!

Well after it all kicked off one night this week on my Facebook Group Clarets Bar it appears I have been hoisted by my own petard and it’s now me that’s a Whinging Neggo

I guess we were all on a downer after the Spurs and West Brom games with only one win in 7 matches but I went for the jugular daring to suggest that the reason we were in such a mess was the ageing, injury prone squad with no depth due to the lack of transfer window activity in Summer and January, I went further and suggested should we get relegated the club have only itself to blame

Well blow me then I got attacked by let’s say the Happy Clappy brigade who don’t like being called that! Well tough titty that’s what they are! I got the usual old stuff about we are a small town club and need to be prudent yadda yadda, you should remember the times we used to play Rochdale in the bottom tier, yawn and the classic we are in no danger of relegation have faith

There were a nasty viscous lot too, I can just about tolerate being called a prick but to be called a Rovers fan was the biggest insult!

Hells bells these guys seem to think we are not allowed to criticise the club but always be proud of our lot no matter what ****e things are happening! **** off I say and did ! What’s the point of having a chat forum if we can’t have different opinions and come out with some constructive criticism now and again? Surely we can be allowed to do that without being called a prick or worse. I have never gone for the individual jugular just broadly categorised folk from whinging neggos to happy clappers etc

The tricky thing is I am of course admin so I get it in the neck for being a poor one for having anti club opinions at times! You can’t win. Do I shut up and take one for the Group team or continue to give my opinions and run the risk of members leaving or not coming? Answers on a postcard .

This is the problem with allowing freedom of speech to the masses Phil

Just shut it down and start a new one. Repeat this step until they get the message.

Being a Moderator. Ask Archie on the Fast Show. He’ll tell you”It’s the hardest game in the World that is”. He was a moderator for 30 years man and boy. Look at him now.

Talk about walking on eggshells. In my role as a moderator and more importantly for me as the editor of Clarets Mad, I have to assess whether or not a post has been motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person’s race or perceived race.

Chuck into the mix the old chestnut of religion or perceived religion, add a spoonful of a person’s ***ual orientation or perceived ***ual orientation and give it a whisk to see what is baking.

And for God’s sake, please do not mention in disparaging terms a person’s disability or apparent disability, or the world will cave in.

To make matters worse, we also have a new one to contend with; we must also determine whether a post is or was, influenced by hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender.

Moderation sucks. Political correctness is in the ascendency and Wokes Rule OKAY.

What I have found to be of use TMP is look at the opinion of regular posters who have the ability to be logical and dispassionate about non-footballing topics which we discuss a lot on here.

Your big problem is the Clarets Bar only discusses Burnley Football Club and everybody who has any interest in the Clarets has an opinion on that.

If you post and moderate you just have to stand by what you think is right and sod what others think. Insist on a respectful discourse by everybody and in any event, I long worked out you are indeed a Whinging Neggo TMP.

And whatever you do, please do not mention "Numbongo!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Talk about walking on eggshells. In my role as a moderator and more importantly for me as the editor of Clarets Mad, I have to assess whether or not a post has been motivated by hostility or prejudice based on a person’s race or perceived race.

Chuck into the mix the old chestnut of religion or perceived religion, add a spoonful of a person’s ***ual orientation or perceived ***ual orientation and give it a whisk to see what is baking.

And for God’s sake, please do not mention in disparaging terms a person’s disability or apparent disability, or the world will cave in.

To make matters worse, we also have a new one to contend with; we must also determine whether a post is or was, influenced by hostility or prejudice against a person who is transgender or perceived to be transgender.

Moderation sucks. Political correctness is in the ascendency and Wokes Rule OKAY.

What I have found to be of use TMP is look at the opinion of regular posters who have the ability to be logical and dispassionate about non-footballing topics which we discuss a lot on here.

Your big problem is the Clarets Bar only discusses Burnley Football Club and everybody who has any interest in the Clarets has an opinion on that.

If you post and moderate you just have to stand by what you think is right and sod what others think. Insist on a respectful discourse by everybody and in any event, I long worked out you are indeed a Whinging Neggo TMP.

And whatever you do, please do not mention "Numbongo!"

It must be a tough Job that BT with some of your own opinions I read. 😂

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    It must be a tough Job that BT with some of your own opinions I read. ��
    Exactly army 88. that's why I edit from The Editors Chair, but post my loony left wing claptrap (thanks sinkov), using the BT moniker!

Moderators are the scourge of the modern society,people should be allowed to post what they want to without feelof being banned or called a racist or Neggo. I'd line the cnuts up and shoot them ( apart from Alto). Who doesn't give a puck what we post.
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 03-03-2021 at 09:46 AM.

I just think that lots of people take life too seriously. You're only here once so give the ball a good kick!
    Things will go wrong, things will test you, people will sometimes try to make your life a misery, you may well have to deal with serious illness etc., etc., however, just don't let any of this get you down.
    My maxim is to get on with life and try and help the many people who find life difficult.

The concern these days is how everyone is being manipulated with stupid things such as 'Alexa' etc. where people ask a box to give them answers or remind them to do things. You are all being controlled ---use your bloody brain and get on with life and say what you bloody think.
    If I haven't got round to offending you yet ---please stay patient because I will get round to it. Be yourself!

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Moderators are the scourge of the modern society,people should be allowed to post what they want to without feelof being banned or called a racist or Neggo. I'd line the cnuts up and shoot them ( apart from Alto). Who doesn't give a puck what we post.
    Glad you remind me of the fact Alf no-one has been banned on this forum for over five years. I think it's only been moderated about three times in all of that time and that was only for silly spelling mistakes that took the thread away from context!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Glad you remind me of the fact Alf no-one has been banned on this forum for over five years. I think it's only been moderated about three times in all of that time and that was only for silly spelling mistakes that took the thread away from context!
    thats what I mean BT. Imagine moderating a post because of a spelling mistake ,it's beyond belief.
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 03-03-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)