+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The farewell interview

The farewell interview

Well it appears that tony mowbray is half out the door in the interview after the match.
    He sounded sad and brow beaten.
    A change is needed but my concern is who will be brought in?
    We are hardly an attractive prospect these days.

Don't worry Robin,your fav Derby game will be back next season as the Clarets are on a downward spiral .. Looking forward to the banter already.. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Well it appears that tony mowbray is half out the door in the interview after the match.
    He sounded sad and brow beaten.
    A change is needed but my concern is who will be brought in?
    We are hardly an attractive prospect these days.
    We played well last night, just unlucky again. He is going nowhere.
    This hounding him out is so unhelpful and quite frankly radiculous.
    We are not Arsenal.

Its getting a bit embarrasing now

He might not be going anywhere but we are not progressing,in fact we are going backwards.
    Things are clearly not working and I am very concerned with how close we are getting to the bottom 3.

All depends on perspective mate. A few years ago down Div1 we would have given anything to be a solid midtable side who improved every year. So far we have done that. And that is what he was hired to do back when we where a sinking ship both on and off the pitch.
    While I realise I may now seem contradictory in my views. As previously I have bemoaned us going nowhere. But I have realised over time that this is exactly where we are. And always have been. Apart from the Walker era in recent times.
    Most seasons 10-12 sides all of similar ability all say they expect to get in or around the play offs. We do. So do all other 11 Championship sides. Only 3 will ever go up.
    So once on a blue moon we may, get a decent side together who could make a serious push for the play offs.
    Our financial status doesnt support that right now. We do not have the support therefore no actual funds to spend. Neither does our playing staff.
    What we are is a sound midtable Champ side which are incredibly lucky to have the owners they do who are our lifeline.
    Current results have been poor, but we all know that can and will change in an instant.
    I dont buy that TM is necessarily failing persay. As what was he brought in to do? If we dont make it to the Prem then it wont affect us either way. It will merely service a debt to Venkys. We need them around until someone else comes along.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)