+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: *Knee jerk*

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    In answer to the OP then no way Ardley is going anywhere till the end of the season. I don't think we'll ever go up automatically with him in charge so at best it'll be the playoffs this year again and I don't trust him to get the team to turn up in big games, he calms them down not get them fired up and we often don't start playing till the second half and by then too late against decent teams. The sooner he goes the better for me now, he's had a really good chance and we still struggle against duffers but like his style of play and picks, he's here for the next few months as well. Really strange not to play Sam after scoring a puskas goal and having his best half for us though. Still I don't think we'll go up and then he'll be gone so I'm just thinking who we might get for next season?
    Some names are being thrown around on the Ardley In/Out thread but here’s a few...

Like Garrard - Boreham Wood
    Matt Gray - Sutton
    Gary Flitcroft - NA
    Dave Challinor - Hartlepool (my preference)
    Danny Cowley- Never going to happen
    Sol Campbell - NA

Plus some of the usual candidates that pop up every time!

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Btw, anyone found out how long Ardley is contracted for?
    In a word, no.

I was going on the same generally received wisdom as many on here, but that could be wrong. Looking back at several articles when Ardley was appointed, I haven't seen any specific mention of length of contract, and nor have I seen anything referring to him signing any new contracts since. It's difficult to imagine him being given more than a two or three year contract when he joined, in which case he would be nearing the end of it now, but it's also possible he's on a rolling contract rather than a fixed one.

Whether that matters I don't know. I'm still inclined to believe the owners might make a decision on his future at the end of the season after taking stock, and if we've won neither promotion nor the FA Trophy they might decide it's time to try something different, but they certainly don't seem the types to panic and make any decisions before then. In fact they're continuing to back the manager to bring in new signings.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    In a word, no.

I was going on the same generally received wisdom as many on here, but that could be wrong. Looking back at several articles when Ardley was appointed, I haven't seen any specific mention of length of contract, and nor have I seen anything referring to him signing any new contracts since. It's difficult to imagine him being given more than a two or three year contract when he joined, in which case he would be nearing the end of it now, but it's also possible he's on a rolling contract rather than a fixed one.

Whether that matters I don't know. I'm still inclined to believe the owners might make a decision on his future at the end of the season after taking stock, and if we've won neither promotion nor the FA Trophy they might decide it's time to try something different, but they certainly don't seem the types to panic and make any decisions before then. In fact they're continuing to back the manager to bring in new signings.
    I'd always assumed it was three, I'm sure some people have said it's three here and there but there's nothing official.

My god, imagine if Hardy did what he said he wanted to do for Kewell and gave Ardley a six year contract to tempt him out of his hiatus. A six year contract would explain a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'd always assumed it was three, I'm sure some people have said it's three here and there but there's nothing official.

My god, imagine if Hardy did what he said he wanted to do for Kewell and gave Ardley a six year contract to tempt him out of his hiatus. A six year contract would explain a lot.
    I dont feel very well now..!

In a word, no.

Thanks Jackal. The presumption of a 3 year contract thing seemed so widely held that I thought there must be some basis in fact, but maybe not.

We don’t really know an awful lot about what’s going on at the club anymore do we?

If Hardy gave anything more than 2.5 seasons then he was even worse an owner than I already think.

That would be a crazy week thing to do especially with where the club was at the time of his appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Thanks Jackal. The presumption of a 3 year contract thing seemed so widely held that I thought there must be some basis in fact, but maybe not.

We don’t really know an awful lot about what’s going on at the club anymore do we?
    We certainly don't get the blow-by-blow account of signings, contracts and events that we used to get from Alan Hardy on Twitter.

The current owners are much lower profile and the club in general seems much more discerning about what information it releases, when and how. They tend to comment when there's a change to an existing situation or an event to report, and they generally use the proper channels. I'd say that's a good thing, as long as you believe the guys at the top have the club's best interests at heart, and I believe they do.

Silence becomes worrying if you think your owners are up to something naughty, but the Reedtz brothers seem to be a dependable lot who let the drama (good and bad) stay on the pitch. Ardley may or may not be the man who eventually gets the club rolling forward again in due course, but the underlying fundamentals of the club seem much better, which will give the right manager every chance, even if that turns out to a different one to current incumbent.
    Last edited by jackal2; 06-03-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Amen Jackal amen.

Nobody more important at the club than the owners. A real silver lining on an obvious dark cloud.

We certainly don't get the blow-by-blow account of signings, contracts and events that we used to get from Alan Hardy on Twitter.

The current owners are much lower profile and the club in general seems much more discerning about what information it releases, when and how. They tend to comment when there's a change to an existing situation or an event to report, and they generally use the proper channels. I'd say that's a good thing, as long as you believe the guys at the top have the club's best interests at heart, and I believe they do.

Silence becomes worrying if you think your owners are up to something naughty, but the Reedtz brothers seem to be a dependable lot who let the drama (good and bad) stay on the pitch. Ardley may or may not be the man who eventually gets the club rolling forward again in due course, but the underlying fundamentals of the club seem much better, which will give the right manager every chance, even if that turns out to a different one to current incumbent.
    Well yeah after the informational diarrhoea of the previous owner, no one will complain about the more taciturn approach.

I don’t think it’s too much to ask to know whether the manager is out of contract at the end of the season, though I’m not sure if it’s the sort of question (our) local journalists ask.

It's 10x better, and 100x more professional.

It isn't too much, did anyone ask that question when fans were recently asked to submit questions to the owners?

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast