+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: *Knee jerk*

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Wonder why that is? Not due to a change of Manager by any chance?
    Looks that way doesn't it. Unlike when they changed the manger before him, and the one before that and the one before that. On those occasions they seemed to just get worse and worse.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Looks that way doesn't it. Unlike when they changed the manger before him, and the one before that and the one before that. On those occasions they seemed to just get worse and worse.
    They were also a club in turmoil with previous appointments. Dave Allen wanting out before the trust took over

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    Fresh from last night thought I’d make a knee jerk post in wondering what the owners are thinking of this current run of performances. Yes, we’ve lost only once in 11, but the manner of those results and performances have been in steady decline for well over a month now.

The owners have shown admirable restraint so far whereas some owners may have fired 2 or 3 managers already since the start of last season. The one thing different in last nights performance from the other ones is the apparent like of determination or desire.....or are the players knackered?

I’ve always said as long as Ardley has the dressing room he should stay in charge. Does he still have the dressing room?

Do the owners fancy themselves to appoint a new manager? Are they happy with proceedings?

Do you feel lucky, punk?
    Could it be the pitch forkers might have a point after all..?
    If we had won it would have only hid the fact that a bottom four club had come to the lane and dominated us and should have beaten us.
    As it stands I think more people are perhaps realising he isnt a good manager after all.
    Yes we should get a top 7 play off spot but we should be so much better than that.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    They were also a club in turmoil with previous appointments. Dave Allen wanting out before the trust took over
    They were indeed, they've struggled for a long time now.

We were a club in turmoil also not too long ago.

How long before swale adds this to the Ardley in or out thread ? the same people repeating the same opinions for the ump****th time.

I’m going to go against the grain here and logic. I believe we will turn the situation around and get promoted. Yes, we’ve been bloody awful over the last few fixtures and average at best over the course of the season. Despite that, the league table is not a complete disaster.

Having said all of that, there will be a managerial change despite our promotion.

I’m off to take cover.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    It's a result based business as we all know. If he doesn't get results and get us promoted he should be replaced at the end of the season it's as simple as that for me.
    I would go further than this. I think if the chances of automatic promotion becomes remote with more than 6 or 7 games to go this season he should be replaced. He's had his chance in the play-offs before and failed and if we are so far off top spot with that much of the season left the next 15 or so games are going to be turgid at best, certainly nothing that would indicate he could rally the squad for play-off matches.

This will allow the owners to get their man in and allow them to assess the squad ahead of next season with a full pre-season.

Quote Originally Posted by Iremongersrighthand View Post
    The owners know the situation themselves and a 'Ardley Out' campaign isn't necessary. They are putting ex amount of £££££ into the club and they want success as much as we do. They will make the right decision at the right time. I have confidence in them. I just hope Neil gets it right, but nothing seems to be improving on the pitch and we are struggling to show any signs we are going in the right direction at the moment.
    I agree 100% with this. I believe the brothers are very astute businessmen and nice people to boot. I think they have to consider whether to wait until the summer when Neal's contract expires or act soon and sack him. Recent performances suggest all is not right at Notts. It's quite possible the players are getting fed up with Neal's tactics, team selection and substitutions and the chances of automatic promotion are slipping away rapidly as the players motivation fades.
    The brothers are surely looking for promotion this year and it’s looking more and more as if Neal won't deliver so I would expect them to take action quite soon. It's a shame because Neal is a nice bloke who articulates well but it counts for nowt if we don't get out this goddamn awful league this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerkline View Post
    I’m going to go against the grain here and logic. I believe we will turn the situation around and get promoted. Yes, we’ve been bloody awful over the last few fixtures and average at best over the course of the season. Despite that, the league table is not a complete disaster.

Having said all of that, there will be a managerial change despite our promotion.

I’m off to take cover.
    This would be the ideal scenario!
    Promotion and then a new manager

I can't go for that (no no, no can do) if with half a dozen games to go we can't get top spot but look all set for the playoffs. I think changing the manager at that point would be absolute madness not to give the manager the chance to win the playoffs at that late stage.

In that scenario the owners should instead have identified possible replacements so if we fail to go up via the playoffs we let NA go and immediately contact all the potential replacements to get them in for interviews. Once a new manager signs on the dotted line he should watch every game of the previous season (however painful!!!) to be able to fully judge the playing squad and indentify what went wrong and why.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast