+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: *Knee jerk*

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Half of his life , not game.

I didn't see the game but this was one comment regarding Sam at Half Time.

"Boots on the wrong feet" So you replace him at half time. That's the correct thing to do right?

If it was close between Sam and Knowles this start you would think he would come on as sub instead of Effiong. Strange decision

Saying that if he doesn't give away the free kick we get the most fortunate of 2-1 wins I can remember and this substitution wouldn't be a talking point.
    A strange argument there laddo. Ardley did not take Sam off at half-time on Saturday and he went on to score two amazing goals. It's not like NA has a proven track record for making early substitutions and Sat was some sort of an exception.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I'm not so sure. If the results remain below what's needed for e a period of six or seven games I think they'll make a move.
    I'm pro Ardley overall but he's pushing his luck with continual poor performances that are now leading to points per game dropping below what's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    I'm not so sure. If the results remain below what's needed for e a period of six or seven games I think they'll make a move.
    I'm pro Ardley overall but he's pushing his luck with continual poor performances that are now leading to points per game dropping below what's necessary.
    I agree. I thought he would get the rest of the season at least but the owners aren’t blind, or stupid. The performances on the pitch have been deteriorating for a while now and only the results have kept the wolves from the door.

It’s a cliche when we say good teams win when they’re playing poorly....but when you play poorly for long enough you soon turn into a poor team.

I think we have 6 more games this month, culminating in the FA trophy Semi-Final. If we fail to take 10 points from those games, whilst continuing to play like we have for the last 5 matches, then it would indeed be a strong show of support from the owners to not pull the lever on the revolving door of the Notts County managerial office!

As it is I have watched almost every game this season but I don’t think I will this weekend, it’s just not entertaining enough and at the end of the day that’s what we part with our money for.
    Last edited by TSANHO; 03-03-2021 at 07:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    "Boots on the wrong feet" So you replace him at half time. That's the correct thing to do right?
    Wrong, not just wrong but hopelessly wrong. They are your words not mine. My half time comment was that among a sea of poor performances in the first half, Elisha Sam was worse than the rest. Would anyone who watched the game dispute that? If I had said "we need to get him off for the second half", "he is fu**ing useless", or "why is he even on the pitch?" you might have a point. I didn't say any of those things, I just offered my thoughts on the first 45 minutes. If you had paid to watch like some of us did, you might have arrived at the same conclusion.

... ffs, what a bunch of wingers... we're half way through the season; 6th in the table and a couple of games in hand. We're unconvincing to say the least but still 6th. Most promoted clubs have a fallow phase; why should we be any different. We have the ability and time to put this right so cut the navel gazing, ffs ...

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Barnett possibly, even though winning that game was not as key as some others, eg winning v macclesfield keeps us in l2, winning against harragate promotes us to l2
    The real reason for us winning the game against barnet , was by the time it was played Barnet were depleted as a side, as shown this season, so not to do with Ardley great management that won us that one
    It may not have been as key as some others. But, it was still key.
    Whatever you believe the reason for the victory to be, we won and NA was in charge.
    To reiterate, I was answering your question.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... ffs, what a bunch of wingers... we're half way through the season; 6th in the table and a couple of games in hand. We're unconvincing to say the least but still 6th. Most promoted clubs have a fallow phase; why should we be any different. We have the ability and time to put this right so cut the navel gazing, ffs ...
    We have wingers but don't play them in their correct positions .We have the ability but a useless clown organising them

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    Thanks for that TBH, I will sleep easier tonight. I thought we were playing sh!t, but apparently it's just a fallow phase. Phew!

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    A strange argument there laddo. Ardley did not take Sam off at half-time on Saturday and he went on to score two amazing goals. It's not like NA has a proven track record for making early substitutions and Sat was some sort of an exception.
    It's not a strange argument, you said he had the game (90 mins) of his life. He was by all accounts the worst performer of a bad bunch for the first 45 mins. But what a second half

You are right NA isn't for half time subs. He's more a 60-70 minute first change.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Wrong, not just wrong but hopelessly wrong. They are your words not mine. My half time comment was that among a sea of poor performances in the first half, Elisha Sam was worse than the rest. Would anyone who watched the game dispute that? If I had said "we need to get him off for the second half", "he is fu**ing useless", or "why is he even on the pitch?" you might have a point. I didn't say any of those things, I just offered my thoughts on the first 45 minutes. If you had paid to watch like some of us did, you might have arrived at the same conclusion.
    Calm.down sweetheart. I never said you said those words.

I quoted your post, your full post , word for word. Didn't edit, cut it or any of that silliness.

I then simply asked the question (the ? is the big giveaway that you've missed again, that means it's a question not a statement).

He was the standout worst player of a poor performing lot. As you stated as I'm sure most people who watched would have agreed. So us fans would have subbed off the worst player of a bad bunch right?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    What we want is promotion to league 2, the question is what do the owners want??
    Surely anybody that takes over a business is looking to make a profit ? Well the owners brought this club as a national league club, and said Notts made a profit last year, so unless financially they are desperate for promotion, as trew and Hardy was, they might not really be to bothered with pressing the panic button
    From what i have heard from them so far, i think they are very happy with Neil Ardley, and as long as we are challenging with a chance to go up, they will be happy too
    Do not be surprised if Ardley remains, even if we do not go up - you heard it here first
    I think you have nailed it with the owners, obviously not going to make a profit this season but they are not going to overspend generally. They said consolidation 1st season and then promotion challenge 2nd season,I honestly don’t think we have the best budget in this league. The thing is Ardleys a very good fit for them relationship wise, he’s bought into data, pragmatic, appears to be sensible with what he wants to spend and obviously appears to be decent bloke. The challenge for the owners is there are some managers out there that are going to be a lot more challenging in their behaviours and beliefs and the owners are rookies, could they deal with some of the characters? Yes they run a business but footballs like no other business and will that cloud their judgment if a change is needed.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast