Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
If with half a dozen games left we are out of the running for the title that would put us at least 18 points off top spot - that would mean a truly inept set of results over the next 15/16 games. With that track record why would anyone give him any longer? You would have your replacement lined up and set the wheels in motion - I suspect the owners already do have a number of people in mind.

I don't dislike Ardley at all but it's a results game and if you combine the results under Ardley with the performances it's not a pretty picture when you consider the relative resources at his disposal.
If we were 18 points behind then the chances wouldn't be remote as you said it would be impossible.

If automatic is looking very unlikely yet playoffs are looking very likely, which could easily be the case you would be crazy to sack the manager with the play offs on the horizon. In that scenario it's likely the form would continue to be top 3-6th hence the play off spot and definitely not sackable.

One thing I do agree on is they should and probably do have a shortlist lined up which should always be the case instead of the knee jerk reactions and then panic as we saw under the stewardship of Trew and Hardy.