+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: *Knee jerk*

*Knee jerk*

Fresh from last night thought I’d make a knee jerk post in wondering what the owners are thinking of this current run of performances. Yes, we’ve lost only once in 11, but the manner of those results and performances have been in steady decline for well over a month now.

The owners have shown admirable restraint so far whereas some owners may have fired 2 or 3 managers already since the start of last season. The one thing different in last nights performance from the other ones is the apparent like of determination or desire.....or are the players knackered?

I’ve always said as long as Ardley has the dressing room he should stay in charge. Does he still have the dressing room?

Do the owners fancy themselves to appoint a new manager? Are they happy with proceedings?

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Ardley will be here for the rest of the season at least.

We had a lot in our favour, but I can't see us taking advantage.

As our owners say very little its hard to predict what they think.

They are football fans though so they know points mean prizes and its their money on the line.

Ardley will get the season for sure but if he doesnt take us up then he has to go but do our owners feel the same ?

The one defeat in eleven stat, which Ardley quoted in his post match, includes three FA Trophy fixtures, so it's 1 in 8 in the league - W4 D3 L1 since the turn of the year, which is still decent at 1.88 PPG but not good enough for top 2.

The owners might be confident we can go one better in the play-offs this time around but Ardley has sounded pretty flat for a while now. Has he lost the dressing room? Probably not, but it must have dawned on him that we're not a better side than last season (particularly without Roberts at his best, which we might not see this side of summer) and that there's a reasonably high probability that we're going to miss out again.

There is nothing knee-jerk about many fans thoughts on Ardley. He has had over 100 games in charge. It's pretty easy to see the style of play he prefers. It's a style of play that is conservative first and foremost and whilst that's not a fault in itself it does need to come with results otherwise it's atrocious to watch. I have said on another fred that I just don't think he is the right man to lead a team with a large budget for their division - it appears wasted on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Ardley will be here for the rest of the season at least.

We had a lot in our favour, but I can't see us taking advantage.
    I thought so too but I’m not so sure now. The owners will have undoubtedly seen the recent matches and will also realise we’ve only just passed the half way point in the season....if in the next 5 games we haven’t ‘turned a corner’ so to speak then will they back themselves to find someone who could make a difference?

How important promotion to them this season will probably determine what happens. We look pretty ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    There is nothing knee-jerk about many fans thoughts on Ardley. He has had over 100 games in charge. It's pretty easy to see the style of play he prefers. It's a style of play that is conservative first and foremost and whilst that's not a fault in itself it does need to come with results otherwise it's atrocious to watch. I have said on another fred that I just don't think he is the right man to lead a team with a large budget for their division - it appears wasted on him.
    That's the thing now. Its not Knee Jerk now is it? I think the 100 games milestone is significant. I , like everyone else wants Notts to do well, and if that's with Ardley then great , if not, then great. But as others have said, its no guarantee by any means that we are gonna go up. Everyone talks about games in hand on Torquay but we are now 8 points behind Sutton on the same games aswell. If we were playing well and being unlucky then you could make a case for him. But in my humble opinion performances have been in decline since NY.
    Also recruitment is looking more hit and miss as the season goes by. for Every Wootton we have an Effiong. For every Roberts we have a Walker. Not to mention Chicksen , Miller , Barnett and more who have either not brought anything to the party or at best the jury is still out...

There is nothing knee-jerk about many fans thoughts on Ardley. He has had over 100 games in charge.
    Three more games in charge and he'll overtake McP and Dearden to become the longest serving manager this century and 10th longest serving Notts boss of all time in terms of competitive games in charge (and we've had over 50 full time managers).

A regular theme from his well articulated interviews seems to be that the players are not doing what is expected of them. Doyle is captain and surely ought to know what the plan is? And he's not the sort to be backward about letting the others know. So if they can't do it are they not up to it, or is the plan too complicated? NA seems to say the right things but it is not manifested on the pitch.

His tactics don't change, do they? So easily countered. Just about every team we play now has us weighed up; defence not tooo bad, midfield easily outpaced, inaccurate and lack confidence. Just smother Wooton, run at us in numbers and the game's yours.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast