+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Blades

V Blades

Im thinking a 0-0 draw tonight. We don't look like we have many goal options lately but our defence even without cash is solid.
    Maybe bring back Luiz and throw SJM further forward for Ramsey?
    Any thoughts?

Same team and formation for me as the Leeds game.

Sheff United do not score goals, so with our new improved defensive record we only need a single goal to win. Watkins is overdue one for his workload.

Watch it end up being a 3-3 thriller!!

* Half expected it Viila are so frigging predictable no creativity in midfield whatsoever

*Elmo was taking a nap he had absolutely no idea that McGoldrick was behind him, then to add insult to the injury he even tried appealing for offside against McGoldrick when he scored !

* If points were awarded for exchanging passes betwixt Mings & Konsa we would have p!ssed the game*

*Absolutely unbelievable couldn’t fashion a chance against this pathetic ensemble alghastly couldn’t cross his fingers*

I’d be interested to hear Smith’s explanation for ;
    1. Jagielka is sent off & Smith carries on playing Nakamba a defensive midfielder for another 10 minutes

2. We had ump**** corners/opportunities to cross the ball but never landed a single ball on the money ! Fcuk knows what the they practice at Bodymoor heath but one things certain it’s not taking free kicks

Anyone has any answers please send them a on a postcard to the usual address*

Well no answers but some suggestions; can we get Guilbert back from loan, this was a poor decision to let him go! Elmo needs to go, cannot defend or cross anymore!
    Sheff utd known for being physical and we could not, did not want to match them only McGinn who went in where it hurt, the rest playing like a bunch of fairies, picking Ramsey was just not thought through. Take off Naka and replace with Sanson...🤔 Davis gets his usual 7 mins, he will never last a full game if asked.
    Training tomorrow boys, you need to practice trapping, passing, crossing and shooting.
    Now dont get me wrong, i'm not having a go but all the good work done so far is going down the pan, Ive said it before.
    A few tweeks for Saturday and moral boosting win and we are back on. It is better to win one lose one, than keep drawing. A draw may have felt good tonight but would not changed anything!

We are dreadful without Grealish, the same passing sequences without any craft in the final third against a team that were there for the taking - don't know why we set up so conservatively against them. The window this summer will be a test of our ambition.

So much possession so little to show. Dilly dallying around the box with no end product. I'm yelling at the TV ffs someone take a shot. Bertrand missed a sitter after audaciously trying to hit it with his right foot when we all know he doesn't have one. Ramsdale did make some good saves and the header off the bar was an ooooh moment but all in all very disappointing considering they were a player down for most of the second half. We've been struggling for goals since xmas and the last time we bossed a game was 3-0 against arsenal not counting how we somehow lost against Burns. I'm afraid Europe is but a pipe dream this season but we will continue to build.
    Last edited by ozfan; 04-03-2021 at 04:21 AM.

We are what we are, an average team, able to throw in half a dozen brilliant performances a season. Still a massive improvement on last season, so we have to plough on till the summer.

It’s not Elmo’s fault that he starts games. It’s bad planning and poor selection. On a ploughed field, against a Bielsa team, happy days. On a football pitch, against a team with heart, forget it.

Midfield? Sterile, uninventive, and too many touches. I counted 4 times last night, that we multi-passed from the edge of their box back to Emi.

Widemen? Couldn’t ‘cross’ their legs, desperate to find a dead end to run into. Just one of the 9 out of 10 sh1te games for them both. 2 unproductive party tricks a match doesn’t cut it with me.

Up top? I’ve been saying it since October, we are in danger of burning Ollie out. Who holds their hand up to having no viable backup striker? Dereliction of duty, pure and simple.

We are where we deserve to be, in fact, we’re a tad lucky to be where we are. Let’s hope we have a good summer window.

last time Grealish was out we were 13th in the championship. I don't see the point of bellyaching about the odd off game, we are much better than we were and our trajectory is upward. I know most of us only ave the game to look forward to every week, but we cannot over invest our emotions in what is just a game. save the vitriol for someone who deserves it like the prime minister.

Whilst Elmohamady was replicating the Eros statue at Bramwell lane last night our cast-off left back produces the kind of attacking threat our wingers failed to show

https://www.ligue1.com/Videos/2021/0...-1-0-2020-2021

Who, just who let him go, apparently he has said today to Jack he wants to come back....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)