+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Budget 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I am of the opinion army88 our Foreign Aid budget is used to grease palms and "buy influence" and frankly, I'd scrap it altogether and arbitrarily help out "desperate zones" when needed and send in our military to administer it.

My point was and is, why does old Blow Job tell lies when the truth would set him free?
    The truth might set you free BT, but I doubt it. Boris said we that, even after the reduction, we were still spending a greater proportion of GDP on Foreign Aid than any other G7 country. Which is correct. Why are lefties like you BT, always so keen to denigrate their own country, even when we are one of the most generous in the world. Our finances are trashed, where the money is going to come from for the NHS, never mind Social Care, no one has a clue, yet still we send more money to poorer countries than most others, and still Lefties moan and lie about it.

What is the matter with you people ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The truth might set you free BT, but I doubt it. Boris said we that, even after the reduction, we were still spending a greater proportion of GDP on Foreign Aid than any other G7 country. Which is correct. Why are lefties like you BT, always so keen to denigrate their own country, even when we are one of the most generous in the world. Our finances are trashed, where the money is going to come from for the NHS, never mind Social Care, no one has a clue, yet still we send more money to poorer countries than most others, and still Lefties moan and lie about it.

What is the matter with you people ?
    I can't argue with you when you are deliberately obtuse and refuse to acknowledge what I said.

"It’s hiding in plain sight. Rishi Sunak acknowledged during his speech that the Office for Budget Responsibility forecasts our national debt will increase to £2.5trillion next year – and this is only part of the picture. Taxpayers are lumbered with other liabilities that aren’t included in this whopping figure: state pensions, public sector workers’ pensions, the Private Finance Initiative and nuclear decommissioning are all taxpayer obligations. Altogether, it means our real national debt is £9.6trillion, four times what the chancellor quoted on Wednesday. It’s twice the size of the entire economy of the continent of Africa, according to IMF figures. It equates to £143,000 per person in the UK."

Above is the real world we're going to have to live in, in virtue-signalling Lefty Land, they wibble about a slight reduction in the enormous amount of money we borrow to give away.

FFS !!

My only point was sinkov, Blow Job said we are currently spending more on Foreign Aid than any other G7country. The £4 billion cut is totally opposed by four still living former prime ministers, but still leaves us as the second biggest aid donor among the G7 biggest economies.

We should be proud of that in our straightened circumstances, so why cannot Boris just tell the f*cking truth instead of lying? The real truth is Boris does not know how to tell the truth and he wants me to believe this Lockdown bollox is actually necessary. Yeah right!

The figures I looked at BT, suggest that we are still the biggest donors of the G7 on a % of GDP basis. So he wasn't lying.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)