+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Budget 2021.

Lightbulb Budget 2021.

Very good effort I think from Rishi Sunak. I'll give the lad his due, he keeps on shaking the old Money Tree.

Starmer's response was frighteningly dull even by Casper's standards.

I have to admit it BT, you Lefties have won. Is there any area of our lives the government doesn't control or finance now ? Poor JC, he got crucified for suggesting his magic money tree might be just what the country needs, now we have a magic money forest stretching as far as the eye can see, and still expanding at a rate of knots.

I'll bet Jeremy doesn't know whether to laugh or cry.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I have to admit it BT, you Lefties have won. Is there any area of our lives the government doesn't control or finance now ? Poor JC, he got crucified for suggesting his magic money tree might be just what the country needs, now we have a magic money forest stretching as far as the eye can see, and still expanding at a rate of knots.

I'll bet Jeremy doesn't know whether to laugh or cry.
    One of my old Labour Party comrades emailed me to ask, "Is Rishi a Labour Party plant?" I have to consider he is.

This lad makes Gordon Brown look prudent.

In the midst of it all BT, I think the most telling announcement was that furlough payments are being extended until the end of September. Looking after people Rishi will tell you, putting an arm round them says Boris, but we know the real reason don't we, when furlough ends, then we'll see the real extent of the damage Lockdown has done, that's when we find out how many thousands no longer have a job to go back to. And the government are terrified of that moment, so they're putting it off as long as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In the midst of it all BT, I think the most telling announcement was that furlough payments are being extended until the end of September. Looking after people Rishi will tell you, putting an arm round them says Boris, but we know the real reason don't we, when furlough ends, then we'll see the real extent of the damage Lockdown has done, that's when we find out how many thousands no longer have a job to go back to. And the government are terrified of that moment, so they're putting it off as long as they can.
    I know you did sterling work in the public sector sinkov and I am not at all dismissive of that, but one thing you lot never quite understand is those of us who have scrapped in the commercial world know all about, "Bouncebackability".

The government has always put obstacles in our way, but we bounce back, it's the nature of the beast. If Rishi is the man I think he is, he will open up the hospitality industry as quick as he possibly can and that mon ami puts a couple of million people back in work from day one.

Also, please consider a lot of people have actually been able to save money during the lockdown and when that lot open their wallets the economy will rocket. Just wait and see.

I was listening to old Boris yesterday pre-budget and OMG he just cannot tell the truth. He was telling the House Britain's current contributions to Foreign Aid outstrip every other country.

A quick bit of research reveals the UK has been the only G7 country to cut aid this year, while other countries are ramping up their humanitarian support during the global pandemic, which has worsened the already dire humanitarian situation in fragile states like Yemen, Syria, and South Sudan.

Just for once I wish he would stop telling porkies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Very good effort I think from Rishi Sunak. I'll give the lad his due, he keeps on shaking the old Money Tree....
    he's an ex Goldman sachs hedge funder Banker Puppet city boy , with a 10 mil property portfolio...and a billionaire father in law, who's one of the richest men in India - what money/friends can buy - eh !

...but whats even more Hilaroius - high Hundreds of billions (+?) spent (borrowed/printed) on this Convid Con - and the Proles got a Budget to keep them occupied. Like offering a bucket of sand to an Inferno.... .

it was finished/worthless before this Covid con - a bankrupt system...now, they're just driving it home under this bug illusion - until there's no exit - print and bailout, nations owned by the big bankster lenders - So Fluck the worthless budget distraction - get ready for the global monetary reset - be Prepared.

Last edited by Norder; 04-03-2021 at 08:11 PM.

I was listening to old Boris yesterday pre-budget and OMG he just cannot tell the truth. He was telling the House Britain's current contributions to Foreign Aid outstrip every other country.

A quick bit of research reveals the UK has been the only G7 country to cut aid this year, while other countries are ramping up their humanitarian support during the global pandemic, which has worsened the already dire humanitarian situation in fragile states like Yemen, Syria, and South Sudan.

Just for once I wish he would stop telling porkies.
    A measly 10 billion not enough then BT ? (0.5% )

I’m all for helping others but what I find infuriating is firstly let’s get our own house In order here and help those who need it and then you can go and help others and secondly we contribute to some of the countries who are on a rapid growth spurt with space programmes massive thriving economies and yet can’t contribute to look after there own people because it’s easier to let the uk do it.

No thanks - this is something else that needs a radical re think in this country - put our own country first.

Quote Originally Posted by army88 View Post
    A measly 10 billion not enough then BT ? (0.5% )

I’m all for helping others but what I find infuriating is firstly let’s get our own house In order here and help those who need it and then you can go and help others and secondly we contribute to some of the countries who are on a rapid growth spurt with space programmes massive thriving economies and yet can’t contribute to look after there own people because it’s easier to let the uk do it.

No thanks - this is something else that needs a radical re think in this country - put our own country first.
    I am of the opinion army88 our Foreign Aid budget is used to grease palms and "buy influence" and frankly, I'd scrap it altogether and arbitrarily help out "desperate zones" when needed and send in our military to administer it.

My point was and is, why does old Blow Job tell lies when the truth would set him free?

I am of the opinion army88 our Foreign Aid budget is used to grease palms and "buy influence" and frankly, I'd scrap it altogether and arbitrarily help out "desperate zones" when needed and send in our military to administer it.

My point was and is, why does old Blow Job tell lies when the truth would set him free?
    If he’s like us BT and just went online tbh , when I typed it in it came up as we were the largest contributor slightly ahead of our German friends but when you read deeper it was 2017/18( maybe he did the same ).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)