+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What's your view on the Budget

What's your view on the Budget

Tax threshold freeze for 4 years, is the one that will effect me.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Tax threshold freeze for 4 years, is the one that will effect me.

If you have a business don't make a profit on paper ( do the paper shuffle like Amazon ) to avoid the increase in Corporation Tax.

Nothing in the budget about airline fuel to deport all these illegal immigrants back to France - after a hot meal of course. So there is such a thing as a free lunch

PS - Rishi should also have told the k nobs at the BBC to support their own television licences like other channels!
    Last edited by baggieal; 03-03-2021 at 07:04 PM.

Corporation Tax hike isn’t a clever move as it stifles people like me being able to take on extra staff.

The easiest way of raising a huge amount of money quickly would be to charge the big companies like Amazon and Facebook and Google a levy based on their TURNOVER in the U.K. and not on their profits which they hide in other countries.

This would raise billions every year.

I’d also charge a wealth tax on the Russian billionaires and the like, if they don’t like it they can f u c k off because most are only living here and not wealth creators.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Corporation Tax hike isn’t a clever move as it stifles people like me being able to take on extra staff.

The easiest way of raising a huge amount of money quickly would be to charge the big companies like Amazon and Facebook and Google a levy based on their TURNOVER in the U.K. and not on their profits which they hide in other countries.

This would raise billions every year.

I’d also charge a wealth tax on the Russian billionaires and the like, if they don’t like it they can f u c k off because most are only living here and not wealth creators.

Totally agree Mick but they seem to run scared hammering large corporations and easier to hit the man on the street who does not have expensive lawyers to fight back! We still sell arms to the Saudis even though they chainsaw someone they don’t like!

Many charges are not proportionate to huge wealth either - amount of properties - council tax and fines. Take fines they should fine an individual a percentage of their earnings. Why should a rich footballer on 100 grand a week care about a £60 speeding fine - he would care if it was a percentage of earnings though!

A £25M grant to develop grassroots football facilities.
    Well I’m not against the idea in itself as a football fan BUT I’m sure there are more deserving causes especially with the obscene amount of money circulating around top football clubs, players, and agents.
    Also why football, as a nation we are crap at it let’s be honest. In almost every other sport we can compete with anyone. For a nation of our size one single trophy and two semi-final appearances is pathetic.

I don’t envy the Chancellor his job, there are so many variables that could and probably will, disrupt his plans. Just to be ‘cheerful’, imagine if you will what another pandemic next Winter would do to our economy? Actually, to all of the Western World.

Hmm, looks Eastwards with mistrust.......

I can appreciate people's concerns surrounding the budget. Especially those who run businesses. It could have been better for some but there's no way to please everyone, especially given the year we've had.

Whilst it could have been better it could have been a whole lot worse. Being Chancellor's not a job I'm remotely qualified for and it's most certainly not one I'm interested in.

All in all I think the one we've got's trying his best. Whether that's good enough only time will tell. As a society we'll be paying for the consequences of Covid for a long time to come.

The budget kicks the can further down the road for many who can't afford to pay for it today. But we've got to face up to the fact we're all going to pay some day.

My view is that is a budget that had to start thinking about how we pay off all this debt we have.

That said, despite the moans about business Corporation tax hike from 2023 this is still a budget for business. Companies making a profit of at least £250,000 will see tax increases to 25% but companies with profits of £50,000 or less will see corporation tax remain at 19%. Profits in between tax on a scale between 19 and 25%.

Don’t buy it that this budget doesn’t help business and don’t buy it that profitable business cannot pay more. The man in the street on a salary does not have anywhere near the same ability to reduce their tax burden and will will pay, which they should in my opinion, a contribution due to the freezing of personal allowances.

Yes there is a big focus, quite rightly, on very big business getting away with not paying enough and this needs to be assessed. For me any business turning in a net profit of over £250,000 is a business that should be paying more and it is a start.

I think the business community has been well treated for decades but we need to see the better off paying more than the less off. For me no sympathy at all with the Corporation Tax hikes at all which I think are fair and proportionate. Someone has got to pay and why not profitable business for a change?

I have often thought it better that companies are not taxed at all, better in my view to tax money that comes out of a company, dividends, bonuses etc at a higher rate, that should encourage greater internal investment and ultimately more jobs, we all pay tax on our earnings as do company directors, for me the issue is around the complexity of our tax system, far to many loopholes that enable tax avoidance, also firms such as Amazon should be penalised for moving money it earns in the UK outside, this way they either invest, or get taxed.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)