+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Sheffield Wednesday Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I thought miller bear had a ladel in his hand, after the Millers clipped the Owl's wings last night.
    Or a ceremonial presentation of the local derby wooden spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Or a ceremonial presentation of the local derby wooden spoon
    Nothing positive to say Grist,surprise surprise,always the same.Just looking you've been on here since 2004.Wow!!

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Nothing positive to say Grist,surprise surprise,always the same.Just looking you've been on here since 2004.Wow!!
    What?

I was joking about the owl being presented with the wooden spoon by millerbear

BTW look back, I said we would win this game

Quote Originally Posted by John2 View Post
    What a fantastic result, and given the context of the game - so important - and to come back to beat them with 10 men made it all the sweeter.

I feel like a lonely voice saying this, and the camera angle I saw on iFollow obscured it to the point it was hard to tell - but when Smith got up my gut reaction when I saw his body motion that he had pushed his head forward onto their player was "I hope that's not a sending off".

I was annoyed because its just such a stupid thing to do, because even if you do it at a slow speed its technically a headbut, and whilst it shouldn't be a sending off unless its a 'proper' one with force, it forces the referee into making a decision. On this occasion he made the wrong decision, but Smith has to take some responsibility as well (at least from the angle that I saw). If you press your head against an opponent you're exposing yourself to a self inflicted risk of getting sent off. The simple solution is just don't do it, though I can completely understand his frustration.
    I agree with that. Smith did push his head forward. In reality theres no way it should've been a red but, as alluded to, it gives the weak ref something to think about. The card couldnt come out quick enough. What we, and referrees, must understand is that adrenaline will have been coarsing through Smudge's veins and its unreasonable to expect players to act as though they're having an afternoon tea party with the Royal family in such moments. The ref should have taken both players to one side, told them to calm down and possibly (only possibly) shown a yellow card each.

I doubt the red card would be overturned on appeal as there is movement from Smith's head towards their player. Plus of course theres rule 6, paragraph 3 of the EFL appeals procedure, which reads; "Its RUFC so feck right off"

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    I agree with that but I was pissed off because he didn’t even give a yellow or have a word for the elbow, didn’t even have a word when their player tried to rugby tackle Angus, wasn’t interested when Smith had his shirt ripped.
    I suppose he didn’t see any of that
    Or that their player was trying to pull Wing’# shorts off when he hit the post

Best comment ive read on Owlstalk on the Lewis Wing thread

Hard to judge. He’s obviously a decent player but then you have to consider the opposition. Playing against us is like playing against an over 40s walking football team.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Have I missed it or has there not been a "just asking the question" post from Brin tonight about PW's competence?
    Patty Patty Patty... . We win a game like that and all you can do is post about me? My what a tiny mind you have

As for last night I will gladly eat a FULL humble pie if it were real. I said we'd lose based on the injuries and suspensions we were carrying before kick off. Add to that the new Manager mentality their players had to show for. Fair reasons for my prediction I think.

As for the game, first 20 minutes they were all over us and I dreaded the worse but, we slowly took hold of the game and began to impose our football on them. A fantastic cross from Jozefzoon and a brilliant header from Smith to give us the lead and marginally so come half time. They had more than enough chances first half but failed to capitalize on them.

Second half much of the same first 10 minutes where they came at us but, we turned it up a notch from every player and dealt with it well.Johansson was exceptional with his saving and just one flap at a ball that almost cost us but, this keeper gets better every game and oh so brave is he.

The sending off, if anything they both should have seen red as the elbow to Smith's face was missed by both officials. You simply cannot retaliate but having just had your lip split from an elbow what would anyone of us done in that situation? We simply must appeal if only for justice for Smith and see the same ban be given to their player. Prior to the sending off they just couldn't cope with Smith, hence his shirt being almost ripped off him. MOTM for me prior to the red.

The sending off, did it change the game? Weds thought so and that we were there for the taking.However, they don't or didn't know how we cope when cornered like that. Warne to his credit wasn't afraid to make substitutions, something I've ridiculed him for in the past and rightly so. Fresh legs kept us alive and we challenged more and pressed on like we had 11 on the pitch.

Putting Freddie on up front on his own was a master class stroke from Warne, all in the hope we just might get a breakaway and boy did it pay off. A tremendous run down the right wing from Crooks with two players snapping at his heels, and he sent the pass of the season across the pitch inch perfect to Freddie. Cometh the hour cometh the man and boy did he bury that one! That is the Freddie we all love and adore and now he goes down in history as another Weds killer.

Do I feel Warne is still tactically naive in the Championship? Not on that that showing last night but, he is still learning his trade and mistakes will be made along the way as he progresses in his role. I will always voice my opinion where I feel something is or has been mismanaged, it's called my prerogative. Still absolutely buzzing over the result last night and I trust you too Patty are feeling the same.

Afterall, we're all Millers aren't we.
    Last edited by Brin; 04-03-2021 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Best comment ive read on Owlstalk on the Lewis Wing thread

Hard to judge. He’s obviously a decent player but then you have to consider the opposition. Playing against us is like playing against an over 40s walking football team.
    https://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/to...lder/#comments

Are they aware that Neil sent Wing down to us to help us avoid relegation
    He would have said a big fat no if they had asked

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Are they aware that Neil sent Wing down to us to help us avoid relegation
    He would have said a big fat no if they had asked
    Bet Warnock was celebrating

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast