+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: How is Jimmy Knowles doing?

How is Jimmy Knowles doing?

Interested in how you rate the lad.

I'd describe him as promising. He's far from the finished article, but we look more dangerous when he's on the pitch. A decent eye for goal and you can't fault his attitude, one thing he doesn't lack is effort. Only having seen him on TV it's hard to predict how far he can go, but I'm sure he's learning a lot more here about the real game than he would in Mansfield reserves.

He's good enough for this level. And I would agree with Elite re effort and attitude. At times he has created more space for our main striker Mr Wootton and he has played well in terms of finding the back of the net when he has come off the bench. More recently he is finding his way into the first 11 and I think in time he will forge himself a career in the EFL. He is a kid and at times ( and often against KL) he seems to be a little bit of a headless chicken. That will come with time. Good prospect and given the option ( which won't happen) I would sign him for Notts.

He is better than Effiong and most of Ardleys other loan signings..

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    Interested in how you rate the lad.
    Young with ability , can score and assist and has done , good threat links up well with Wooton and Ardley see his best place on the Bench.
    I'm surprised your Nigel has not demanded him back

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Young with ability , can score and assist and has done , good threat links up well with Wooton and Ardley see his best place on the Bench.
    I'm surprised your Nigel has not demanded him back
    That's why I was wondering. We're so lightweight up top. We got Jamie Reid who smacked them in for fun at Torquay in NLN, but he's really come up short in L2.

Quote Originally Posted by StagManStan View Post
    That's why I was wondering. We're so lightweight up top. We got Jamie Reid who smacked them in for fun at Torquay in NLN, but he's really come up short in L2.
    Nah, he's rubbish, can't run, can't score, no energy, I'd leave him be if I was you.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Nah, he's rubbish, can't run, can't score, no energy, I'd leave him be if I was you.
    Sorry , I meant this as well ..!