+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Ritchie calls Steve Bruce a COWARD during training

Steve Bruce and Matt Ritchie were involved in a sensational training ground showdown in which the Newcastle boss physically confronted the winger and barged into him after being called a 'coward' by the player.

This is from The Daily Mail, if it’s true surely that’s enough for an initial suspension and possible dismissal for gross misconduct. In any other workplace this wouldn’t be tolerated, it’s like when Pardew nutted that opposition player a few years ago when the ball went out for a throw in - a silver bullet to sack a poor manager with probably no compensation. And yet, of course he will still be technically in charge on Sunday and then still in post for the next game and the next.

He will be here to take us down, Ashley will see him as a manager who could bring us back up.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post
    All that’s missing now is Bruce’s sacking with it being too late for a new manager to turn it around.
    Jones will get the job if Bruce gets the chop.

Ritchie has apologised to Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Ritchie has apologised to Bruce.

Richie has just gone down in my estimation!

https://www.nufc.com/

More on here reprinted from The Telegraph.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    https://www.nufc.com/

More on here reprinted from The Telegraph.
    Aye...cabbage Heed's pet journalist. Edwards would call Hitler 'misguided' if it made Bruce look better so I don't believe for a second the idea that the majority of the players are behind him.

The truth will lie somewhere between the two articles and my money is on it more closely resembling the first article. Either way, no-one's denying it happened and that spells big trouble for us.

Like we're not deep enough in the shit as it is.

I swear in the report I read, it said that Ritchie had apologiesed to the coachs and team mates.

To me, it read very deliberately that Bruce wasn't mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    I swear in the report I read, it said that Ritchie had apologiesed to the coachs and team mates.

To me, it read very deliberately that Bruce wasn't mentioned.
    Yes, he apparently has done now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Yes, he apparently has done now.
    I'll bet it was tongue in cheek otherwise he would have been childishly frozen out for the rest of his time here.

And I wonder if cabbageheed was man enough to apologise for his actions during the altercation.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 04-03-2021 at 10:36 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)