+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update on Chalmers?

Update on Chalmers?

Anyone know what has happened to Logan Chalmers? I thought he returned to training a good few weeks ago but to my knowledge hasn't been in the team yet.

When was he injured? Late October/early November? I'm sure i remember that he was supposed to be out for 6 to 8 weeks. Someone on here was hoping that would see him return at some point in December, but I said we'd be unlikely to see him until after the new year. Well it's March now so what's up?

We always seem to get our estimates wildly wrong when it comes to injuries. Player will be out for X number of weeks - so multiply X by 2 or 3 and you'll be closer to the actual figure.

Think he was on the bench at Ibrox and also at Rugby Park. Not sure how close to match fitness he is. Hope to see him featuring again soon, like what he brings to the game. Obviously still a bit raw but could become a really classy player.

He was on the bench on Saturday. So hopefully not far off making an appearance.

Well that's good news if he's actually in the squad. I haven't been paying very close attention to who is on the bench so I wasn't sure if he'd even made it that far yet.

I'm assuming we aren't wanting to rush him back too soon considering how long he has been out injured. Also wouldn't have been using him much v killie due to that pitch.

Good to have him back Training and involved with matchday squads. Hopefully will get some game time between now and end of the season. Was starting to show some good performances before getting injured. We've missed that type of player for most of the season imo.

Reckon we'll see him off the bench in the next two matches before launching him back in for the post-split and Scottish Cup fixtures. Will almost be like a new signing (I hate that saying... but it is) once we get him back fully fit. The type of game we play at the minute is crying out for someone like him. I hope he really focuses for the rest of the season and throughout the summer to really work on his all-round game (tracking back/defensive positioning etc) as he has all the qualities to be a fantastic attacking threat for us.

Chalmers and Appere on the right and left of midfield with Shanks in the middle will surely bring goals??

Update on Chalmers?

Get him started!!

https://twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/s...3906688?s=1001

Quote Originally Posted by Sande_Man View Post
    Update on Chalmers?

Get him started!!

https://twitter.com/dundeeunitedfc/s...3906688?s=1001
    I have to ask. Was that shades of J Scotland at the end with a spanner?

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    I have to ask. Was that shades of J Scotland at the end with a spanner?
    Rumour has it that Richie Byrne is still looking for the ball!

Hope he's been practicing his shooting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)