+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Notts' games fixed in some way?

Are Notts' games fixed in some way?

Bear with me on this one.

For the King's Lynn game no mainstream bookie that I could find would take a bet. The same is true as of now for the Aldershot agame on Saturday -see Oddschecker for the National League.

All other NL games on Tuesday and this Saturday are available. Do the bookies think there is something wrong with County's games?

Obvioulsy, I'm not making any accusations towards Notts as this absence of betting markets is all the evidence I have, but distrust of the matches (or part of the matches) is the only hypothesis I can come up with.

Any other suggestions?

I put the lack of odds for the Kings Lynn game down to doubts about the game going ahead. Can't think of any reason why there are no prices for Aldershot on Saturday though. I did mean to have a glance to see if there was any 'in play' betting for the KL game but I forgot.

Quote Originally Posted by ivansneck View Post
    Bear with me on this one.

For the King's Lynn game no mainstream bookie that I could find would take a bet. The same is true as of now for the Aldershot agame on Saturday -see Oddschecker for the National League.

All other NL games on Tuesday and this Saturday are available. Do the bookies think there is something wrong with County's games?

Obvioulsy, I'm not making any accusations towards Notts as this absence of betting markets is all the evidence I have, but distrust of the matches (or part of the matches) is the only hypothesis I can come up with.

Any other suggestions?
    SkyBet had a market for Notts on Tuesday. I know this to my own detriment.

As a keen gambler this has puzzled me.

I assumed that they weren't available for the Kings Lynn game due to the late in the day uncertainty of whether our opponents were finishing the season and would turn up to play (boy did they!!).

As I mentioned on the prediction thread most bookies weren't advertising the bet but Paddy Power or Sky Bet were, Notts were 1/2 btw. I couldn't find anyone else who were offering odds.

I can't understand why the Aldershot game on Saturday wouldn't be on the usual Non Legaue coupons for all the major bookmaker sites. Very strange.

If they were fixed surely we would be odds on for the draw each game as the manager "respects or protects the point". Even though we don't actually draw many games.

It seems strange that they are not offering odds recently. Is the fact that we are owned by people who run a betting advisory service possibly a factor?

The National League are sponsored, among others, by LV Bet. They were offering odds on the Kings Lynn game on Tuesday, as were Sky Bet.

This isn't the first time, I can think of at least three occasions this season where many of the bookies didn't have either odds or live stats for Notts' games, really frustrating as I use these to assist with match previews and match stats data etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    This isn't the first time, I can think of at least three occasions this season where many of the bookies didn't have either odds or live stats for Notts' games, really frustrating as I use these to assist with match previews and match stats data etc.
    Do you know if it was only Notts games in the NL?

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    The games off

Well that answers that one re Saturday.

We did not need another postponement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast