+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Big Sam isn't everybody's cup of tea but what he has done with us is what he does. He doesn't have the 'new broom' impact but after about a half a dozen games his sides seem to get it sorted. Let's face it, we have conceded only six goals in our last half a dozen games plus I thought that we played some decent stuff and fully deserved to get something out of the game. I may be in the minority but I enjoyed watching us tonight.

You're not in the minority Leics. I thoroughly agree with you about tonights game. We certainly deserved to get something out of the game as we probably played our best football of the season. Let's hope that we can bring this performance into Sunday's game.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Big Sam isn't everybody's cup of tea but what he has done with us is what he does. He doesn't have the 'new broom' impact but after about a half a dozen games his sides seem to get it sorted. Let's face it, we have conceded only six goals in our last half a dozen games plus I thought that we played some decent stuff and fully deserved to get something out of the game. I may be in the minority but I enjoyed watching us tonight.

The new players have made an impact especially Okay - Maitland is a full back though and Gallagher has always worked tirelessly. Fat Sam though does not have a plan B - Everton made tactical changes in the 2nd half and won the game. Our plan B was to bring on Kanu who must be one of the worst players ever to wear a West Brom shirt. The only magic Kanu could provide is from an Amazon magic set!

So for me it was the difference between the Plan B’s and that little bit of quality. Phillips and Pereira need to be replaced by Grant and Robinson v Newcastle.

Yes we had determination and effort but most on 50 grand a week would give blood so for me this should be a given.

Had we started with these players from the start of the season - yes we would perhaps have gained a few more points but Fulham and Newcastle are still better than us. That’s just my view

I often agree with your comments Al but not on your assertion that HRK is the worst player to wear an Albion shirt. There is a list as long as your arm of those who are or were. As we always say though, opinions!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    The new players have made an impact especially Okay - Maitland is a full back though and Gallagher has always worked tirelessly. Fat Sam though does not have a plan B - Everton made tactical changes in the 2nd half and won the game. Our plan B was to bring on Kanu who must be one of the worst players ever to wear a West Brom shirt. The only magic Kanu could provide is from an Amazon magic set!

So for me it was the difference between the Plan B’s and that little bit of quality. Phillips and Pereira need to be replaced by Grant and Robinson v Newcastle.

Yes we had determination and effort but most on 50 grand a week would give blood so for me this should be a given.

Had we started with these players from the start of the season - yes we would perhaps have gained a few more points but Fulham and Newcastle are still better than us. That’s just my view
    Grant n Robinson are just as bad as HRK and Phillips and should be know where near the first team

In fact I would say at 15m grant is probably the worst Albion player to wear the shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    I often agree with your comments Al but not on your assertion that HRK is the worst player to wear an Albion shirt. There is a list as long as your arm of those who are or were. As we always say though, opinions!

Exactly Leicester - opinions! I get putting on HRK to run the clock down or keep the ball but to get us back into a match and produce magic - no!!

Personally I think Grosicki is better than Phillips or Snodgrass but my opinion. If Diagne got more service from Phillips or Pereira he might get lucky! Not being harsh on Phillips but Gallagher did produce magic and worked his balls off with that cross and a quality player would have been on the post anticipating. Sorry but Phillips is not a quality player and for most of the part shocking in the championship!

I thought Phillips had a good game tonight, was strong in possession tracked back well and if he had gambled could have got a goal. Certainly had a better game than Perreira.

I'm my opinion the best performance of the season ok not the result 1 bad defensive blunder cost us against a pretty decent team . If only we had the new players from the start of the season & to be fair big Sam, 😪

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    I'm my opinion the best performance of the season ok not the result 1 bad defensive blunder cost us against a pretty decent team . If only we had the new players from the start of the season & to be fair big Sam, ��
    Agree JOTS buddy. We looked much more committed and energetic. I also thought that Philips looked better. Not sure about the substitutions though. Sadly, in terms of relegation prospects, too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Agree JOTS buddy. We looked much more committed and energetic. I also thought that Philips looked better. Not sure about the substitutions though. Sadly, in terms of relegation prospects, too late.
    Yes Prando must agree about Phillips to .

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)