+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiths red cancelled off....great news!

Quote Originally Posted by jockey View Post
    Big relief - however whilst accepting the official made an 'honest' mistake - 9 times out of 10 it would have cost the game and possibly relegation!
    this

I am a bit sceptical that it was honest given the wa nk refs we have had this season. Lets just say we should give him the benefit of the doubt and draw a line under it and hope we dont face such injustices again this season...Ho ho!

Smudge for the winner on Saturday anyone?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 04-03-2021 at 08:17 PM.

Funny though how things work out for the best - if Smudge stays on we may or may not have gone on to win the game. Instead fate conspires to give Freddie the chance to go down in Millers folklore. This must surely significantly boost his confidence and belief going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    I am a bit sceptical that it was honest given the wa nk refs we have had this season. Lets just say we should give him the benefit of the doubt and draw a line under it and hope we dont face such injustices again this season...Ho ho!

Smudge for the winner on Saturday anyone?
    He'll be even hungrier now, even with it being an injustice, it will make him even more fired up playing in games he could of missed

Like to think it was honest as he was largely fair apart from that incident

Howdy: This is the thing Brin set off to tell us. Maybe he was sworn to secrecy so withdrew his post. Only he will know!

What happens to the ref who dropped the bowlack is what I want to know?
    roly, I took a call earlier today telling me how Smudge's red had been rescinded. The caller spoke to me for well over 5 minutes so, while we were talking I thought I'd post the fantastic news! At the end of our conversation he then went on to say.....'but don't post owt yet as the club want to announce it'......bump!

That is the reason I had the post removed asap out of respect to the club. Patty can moan all he likes as he loves to have a dig at what I post or, what I've done, bless him. Some other respectful posters saw sense to suggest this may be the reason why I may have had the post removed.

At least I can rest easy now that raginpup ain't goanna attempt to beat me up

Well done all at RUFC who acted quickly to have the issue resolved.

NB. Patty move on mate, life's too short to snoop at others posts like you do. Is this you?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bet the ref feels a right idiot.
    I doubt it
    I hope the club has reported the elbow and the rest that the ref ignored

Ha! I guessed that s what had happened Brin. I know you are sometimes in the know with your connections.You did the right thing though. Always best following club protocol even though it is potentially exciting news for us all.

You get to know those who genuinely know stuff about the millers and those who don't on here. You, mtop and Grumps and one or two others usually aren't too far from the truth.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 04-03-2021 at 08:33 PM.

Ha! I guessed that s what had happened Brin. I know you are sometimes in the know with your connections.You did the right thing though. Always best following club protocol even though it is potentially exciting news for us all.
    Shame patty didn't see it like that, but then again he does tend to dive in with both feet first.

Slightly disappointed that Smudge didn't actually nut him.
    He deserved it.

Good to hear. I wonder if Howard Webb weighed in...

Had we lost or drawn, any minor comfort from having Smudge available on Saturday would have been overshadowed by a massive sense of injustice. As it is, the news comes as a tremendous boost on top of the confidence that will have been generated from such a welcome and timely victory.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast