+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiths red cancelled off....great news!

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Good to hear. I wonder if Howard Webb weighed in...

Had we lost or drawn, any minor comfort from having Smudge available on Saturday would have been overshadowed by a massive sense of injustice. As it is, the news comes as a tremendous boost on top of the confidence that will have been generated from such a welcome and timely victory.
    CT, you put things so eloquent my friend. Ever thought of taking up the commentary for our home games? Cancel that thought, Brecks and Les Payne wouldn't stand for it.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Slightly disappointed that Smudge didn't actually nut him.
    He deserved it.
    Player or ref or maybe both?

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    CT, you put things so eloquent my friend. Ever thought of taking up the commentary for our home games? Cancel that thought, Brecks and Les Payne wouldn't stand for it.
    I wouldn't be able to keep a Yorkshire accent up for ninety odd minutes, Brin!

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Slightly disappointed that Smudge didn't actually nut him.
    He deserved it.
    Next best thing though Borner is getting him a new shirt cos he made a reight mess of the one he wore yday!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Next best thing though Borner is getting him a new shirt cos he made a reight mess of the one he wore yday!
    Would his torn shirt make a good auction item for say the hospice, seeing how it was involved in such a momentous victory? It has the added extra off being a shirt worn by Smudge, sent off, then having the ban over turned. Good story teller one day to someone's Grand kids.

Would his torn shirt make a good auction item for say the hospice, seeing how it was involved in such a momentous victory? It has the added extra off being a shirt worn by Smudge, sent off, then having the ban over turned. Good story teller one day to someone's Grand kids.
    I'd bid £50 for it as a starter.

I'd bid £50 for it as a starter.
    Brin - I've a lucky thong I've been wearing in every win over SW for the past 40 years. What's the bid? If it's enough I'll even leave it unwashed

Failing that Brin, could use it as a face mask! Certainly people would keep the 2m distance!

Totally vindicated. Never a sending off in a million years. Also surprised more wasn’t made of the Wednesday goal which was well offside.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Yes and when he tore his shirt the ref gave that as free kick against Smith.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast