+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Smiths red cancelled off....great news!

That decision could have cost us £m's and a place in the Championship. Did he take any instruction off the 4th official??
    It looked like he couldn't wait to get the red out. I thought it was for Borner at first.

Thing is, he'll be reffing somewhere this weekend, will he learn from this?.......no i don't think either.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    That decision could have cost us £m's and a place in the Championship. Did he take any instruction off the 4th official??
    It looked like he couldn't wait to get the red out. I thought it was for Borner at first.

Thing is, he'll be reffing somewhere this weekend, will he learn from this?.......no i don't think either.

And really all it needed was a few seconds thought “am I sure” before reaching for the pocket.

Often I think these sort of decisions come from refs that have never seriously played the game at any level above a kick about in the park.

When you’ve played football, even for the Dog and Duck, you know how difficult it is to not react to a rough tackle, a sly kick and an elbow in the mouth. You don’t slowly stand up and say “ oh I think that was a foul dear chap, don’t do it again please”

Refs should know that it’s a tough game and just pause before whipping out the cards.

Wonderful news. No problem with the ref; everyone makes mistakes.

I'm happy to say that I got this wrong.

I didn't think it was a red but I didn't think it would be rescinded. One of those times it's nice to be proved wrong.

Mistakes happen and this one hasn't cost us in the end so it all goes down in the story of the classic game to tell the Grandkids about.

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Well that was a surprisingly swift overturning of the decision. As most of us said, no chance was it one. Jockey is right though, honest mistake maybe but that very nearly did us. How about we get an honest mistake for us, just for once.
    I dont even want an honest mistake one, I just want the officials to give us what is correct, such as the obvious penalty in Cardiff game that would have put us 1 up, the sending off of Knockeart for forest, for punching our player in the arm, which would have made them play for an hour with 10 men, and the offside goal forest scored, ruled out because the liner did his job, and that's just what I can remember recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I dont even want an honest mistake one, I just want the officials to give us what is correct, such as the obvious penalty in Cardiff game that would have put us 1 up, the sending off of Knockeart for forest, for punching our player in the arm, which would have made them play for an hour with 10 men, and the offside goal forest scored, ruled out because the liner did his job, and that's just what I can remember recently.
    Yes, these refs make plenty of "honest" mistakes but the big ones seem to go against us.

I think these refs need to have a good look into these decisions and wonder whether they are subconsciously favouring the bigger teams. Are they scared to make the decisions against the bigger teams and are they more likely to make rash decisions against us?

I've seen a few bookings this season where he has booked our player but let an opposition player off for a similar/worse challenge!!!

Brilliant news.You could see the despair on Smudge's face,knowing he had done no wrong but reducing the team's chances through the wrong decision made by the ref.The.Sky clown pundits should hold their heads in shame for saying it was the right decision and blaming Smudge for letting the team down.Sky Sports covering EFL has gone downhill since they stupidly sacked Scott Minto.

The ref f*cked up,his mistake was seen and overturned ,at least VAR didn't have to get involved.

Fantastic news and common sense prevailing.

As mentioned earlier anybody who's played football (at any level competitively) knows that all that was required was the ref to say TO BOTH PLAYERS "calm it down lads before it boils over. Otherwise the cards are coming out". The ref on Wednesday seemed as keen as mustard to send Smith off.

Anyhow, as Brin said, it all adds to the colourful story of the match. And it's one we'll be telling over and over and over again in the pub for many years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Fantastic news and common sense prevailing.

As mentioned earlier anybody who's played football (at any level competitively) knows that all that was required was the ref to say TO BOTH PLAYERS "calm it down lads before it boils over. Otherwise the cards are coming out". The ref on Wednesday seemed as keen as mustard to send Smith off.

Anyhow, as Brin said, it all adds to the colourful story of the match. And it's one we'll be telling over and over and over again in the pub for many years to come.
    It's what my mum called "Little Hitlers", those that strut around with the "I'm in charge" attitude.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast