+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Smiths red cancelled off....great news!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It's what my mum called "Little Hitlers", those that strut around with the "I'm in charge" attitude.
    The guy at the rugby must have been his grandson.

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    The guy at the rugby must have been his grandson.
    Yes he was exactly " on type"

Lee Hendrie is a terrible pundit, was 100% certain Smith did a Zidane headbutt, anyone not watching but listening would have thought a stretcher was needed

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Lee Hendrie is a terrible pundit, was 100% certain Smith did a Zidane

headbutt, anyone not watching but listening would have thought a stretcher was needed
    Yet the co-commentator sounded genuinely surprised.

That’s the trouble as sky becomes even more Americanised...every comment is over the top....someone just stands next to an opponent in the box and it’s excellent defending...so any contentious stuff gets the full treatment ..like nfl someone runs two yards with the ball he”s having one heck of a game....I am surprised they haven’t got Micheal buffer doing the Black Lives Matter line at the start of each game on sky..

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    That’s the trouble as sky becomes even more Americanised...every comment is over the top....someone just stands next to an opponent in the box and it’s excellent defending...so any contentious stuff gets the full treatment ..like nfl someone runs two yards with the ball he”s having one heck of a game....I am surprised they haven’t got Micheal buffer doing the Black Lives Matter line at the start of each game on sky..
    Black Lives Matter?

What's that?

Must have missed it

Hendry has had a low opinion of us and the pillock seems to get a good number of our matches.The usual stereo type cliches like we all know what Rotherham about,little club,direct,physical,low on quality,bla bla bla.We are much much better than that Hendry.If the lazy sods did their homework they'd say we've lost the last five games only by the one goal and nearly all against top six sides.Prutton who took over from the excellent Scott Minto predictably tipped us as losers against the Owls.Warney is going to prove you wrong.Just a pity we have had these injuries but it is looking much brighter for later this month.Come on you Mighty Millers

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    Hendry has had a low opinion of us and the pillock seems to get a good number of our matches.The usual stereo type cliches like we all know what Rotherham about,little club,direct,physical,low on quality,bla bla bla.We are much much better than that Hendry.If the lazy sods did their homework they'd say we've lost the last five games only by the one goal and nearly all against top six sides.Prutton who took over from the excellent Scott Minto predictably tipped us as losers against the Owls.Warney is going to prove you wrong.Just a pity we have had these injuries but it is looking much brighter for later this month.Come on you Mighty Millers
    Yep, that's right, it's poor commentating.

The mute button loves them

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    Yes, these refs make plenty of "honest" mistakes but the big ones seem to go against us.

I think these refs need to have a good look into these decisions and wonder whether they are subconsciously favouring the bigger teams. Are they scared to make the decisions against the bigger teams and are they more likely to make rash decisions against us?

I've seen a few bookings this season where he has booked our player but let an opposition player off for a similar/worse challenge!!!
    It's an interesting point as to do refs subconsciously give decisions to the bigger team whenever any smaller team plays the bigger teams? I personally dont think they do but there could be something in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    It's an interesting point as to do refs subconsciously give decisions to the bigger team whenever any smaller team plays the bigger teams? I personally dont think they do but there could be something in it.
    If there's 32000 packed into Pride Park and you're the ref, would you side with 900 away fans or placate 30000 home fans to keep them off your back

Would you rather face the wrath of Paul Warne at full time or five minutes of Wayne Rooney criticising you on national TV.

Self preservation and it certainly does happen like that

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast