+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Censorship without explanation is tyranny

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    The two cases are entirely different, The first required no explanation, not only because several members openly asked for it to be removed, but also because it could clearly cause great distress to the family of the man involved.

The second could have caused distress to no-one but the person who posted it in error. The fact that he then approached a moderator to ask for it's removal rather than just hold his hands up and apologise smacks of the old boys network.
    Sorry Patty but am I missing something?
    Somebody starts a thread with a "fact" that's incorrect. He/she asks for the thread to be taken down and it is. And you're up in arms about censorship. Why?

It could be either
    1. Brin was on a wind up but then thought better of it
    2. Somebody else was posing as brin on a wind up
    3. Brin was given duff info by an informant
    4. Brin was told the truth by an informant but the informant told him not to let it out into the public domain

The only one who knows for sure is brin.

Come out come out whereever you are brinster and clear it up

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    To be fair, if Brin received wrong information and upon realising that asked to have the post removed so as idiots like me don't read the title and run around like they've won the world cup, then it makes sense for it to be withdrawn at his request.

If he did it as a joke, and then realised it was ****ed up, then I'm gonna beat him u p good and propa
    Sorry raging, but for a post to be removed by a moderator without explanation is unacceptable unless there are legal or other very good reasons for doing so. I am sure that at some time or other we have all said or posted things we later regret. The right thing to do in those circumstances is to take the flak that comes your way or to openly apologise. Not try to pretend you never said it.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Sorry Patty but am I missing something?
    Somebody starts a thread with a "fact" that's incorrect. He/she asks for the thread to be taken down and it is. And you're up in arms about censorship. Why?
    When a very important post disappears without explanation, I think we have the right to ask why. If, when I did ask why, I had been told by either the person who posted the thread or the moderator involved that it had been removed at the poster's request that would have been that.

Although, as I have said before, all it needed was for the original poster to say sorry lads I fuc ked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pattylallacks2 View Post
    Sorry raging, but for a post to be removed by a moderator without explanation is unacceptable unless there are legal or other very good reasons for doing so. I am sure that at some time or other we have all said or posted things we later regret. The right thing to do in those circumstances is to take the flak that comes your way or to openly apologise. Not try to pretend you never said it.
    True, but that means a lot of people would see the title of the thread and have hopes lifted, do a 'yeehaaa!' and then be gutted on reading it. I'm sure it wouldn't kill us, but not sure we should be leaving such a post up

Bloody hell.

Any one of you can approach me and asked me to close, edit or delete a thread for you.

I will always ask why and if I believe that it is in the best interest of the this board or the individual I will do it!

I will not stand back and watch someone slaughtered because of what they write if I can help it.

As for friends, old boys clubs or anything like that then you really don't know me. Those of you that do and have spent time with me then you know that I do things in a just way and in confidence.

The way this thread is going and the badgering is one of the reasons I can't be arsed anymore.

Keep you pissing noses out and let me do what I see fit!

Diddums.

Anyhow what did he post.

Someone let us know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12