+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: One year today since Fir Park last hosted a crowd

One year today since Fir Park last hosted a crowd

You just wouldn’t have believed that at the time. For me personally it’s been a bit longer but it’s hard to believe it’s now a whole year since the club had a normal home game. Goodness only knows when crowds will be back in Fir Park but I don’t think it will happen this calendar year.

There'll be some folk in at some point this year I think...but agree a normal day at the footie a long way off.

I think we'll have 'crowds' of some sort as soon as the new season starts TBH. Something for debate though ... what'll this surreal period have done to our fan base in terms of folk really wanting to come back?
    Apart from the fact we've had a really poor season, what numbers will have gotten 'used to' not going, realising the dosh they've saved, decided there's more to life than fitbaw, etc ...

That's an interesting one - I suspect ST sales will stay the same or even rise but away numbers, after an initial boost, may fall.

It also depends on whether the clubs want it to return to what it was which is by no means certain.

I think our club, (along with most of the others) will have to come up with a really good sales pitch to maintain ST numbers going forward. Many fans would have forked out for a ST last May, not realising that almost a year later they will still not have attended a match. Even more so, if we fail to secure our position in the SPL 2021/22 early doors and are involved in a relegation battle till the bitter end. Who will buy an early bird ST if we have still not secured our position, never mind not attending matches. A win tomorrow and a point from our final pre-split match should see us safe, I would have thought.

To be honest, I'll purchase a ST regardless (I'm fortunate to be able to do that, but others may not be). However, I'm looking for some sort of compensation given the kraap service on the stream this season). That said, at least we've been investing in the stadium with the refurb of the Hunter Stand, and other projects. Ying n Yang !

My highly scientific research - mates and a couple of forums - suggests the vast majority will renew. Obviously if some folk are affected financially I hope they take the offer from the club for a freebie next season but I'd be amazed if we have problems in that regard. A ST is not a rational purchase like other entertainment.

Hope your right and your scientific research is accurate. I for one cannae wait to get back to FP for our first home game........just hope its not against Arbroath 😏

I'll be renewing as usual. I'm one of the many fortunate ones to have gained financially out of lockdown.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)