+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Smudge's torn shirt....put it up for auction.

Yes his coverage was good and refreshingly biased towards the Millers

It's a bit disappointing if people are complaining about paying 20p.
    I do it and I credited my account around xmas for the price of one beer and it isn't used up yet.

The irony being that the offending comments were probably made after someone had that beer

[QUOTE=millertop;39721432]
    Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Why? Why does it grate you? Were you vocal in condemming the negative comments about him? CAM was, I know this because it was mentioned to me by Paul told when he contacted to tell me that he wasn't going to post any more.

Not sure why it wouldn’t grate anyone when the majority are being ignored just because there’s a few idiots about tbh.

Vocal? Why what happened? Only thing I saw was a few moaning like we normally see on here.

Vocal? Laughable comment tbh seeing what goes off on here with certain posters and others including yourself don’t seem to be vocal, I’ve had a few running and Cam has had his far share but I’ve not seen much vocal there.

Anyway it doesn’t bother me I buy the paper and also see him on twitter

Does that mean I can’t credit his tweets on here anymore?
    I asked him and he said that it wasn't a problem. Even for the 20p ones 😉

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. In honesty I don’t want to read the other stuff so I won’t pay for the full paper. However with the economic climate being what it is I fully understand why there was a need for what I consider a small charge. Paul’s articles were well created, informative and he has the support of the club., not like a few years back when Advertiser staff were banned. As Others have rightly said it’s an individuals choice if you pay the 20p which I have chosen to do because I think Paul’s articles are value for money especially as that 20p buys you access for 24 hours - it’s not 20p per article. I will miss his posting not because of the missing link but rather that his posts went on to stimulate debate on the article itself. How many wanted to know if we would appeal the red card? Paul said we were in in his article, I read that before I picked that faint glimmer of hope up anywhere else! The man is in the know. How fickle were are at turning good reliable information away. Paul sorely missed by me.
    ^^^ Exactly this ^^^. couldn't agree more.
    Come back Paul Davis.

[QUOTE=frogmiller;39721510]
    Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post

I asked him and he said that it wasn't a problem. Even for the 20p ones ��
    No problem

Bringing this back on track, I’ve contacted someone at the club and I’m waiting for confirmation to see if the shirt can be found.

I’ll update once I know more 😉

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. In honesty I don’t want to read the other stuff so I won’t pay for the full paper. However with the economic climate being what it is I fully understand why there was a need for what I consider a small charge. Paul’s articles were well created, informative and he has the support of the club., not like a few years back when Advertiser staff were banned. As Others have rightly said it’s an individuals choice if you pay the 20p which I have chosen to do because I think Paul’s articles are value for money especially as that 20p buys you access for 24 hours - it’s not 20p per article. I will miss his posting not because of the missing link but rather that his posts went on to stimulate debate on the article itself. How many wanted to know if we would appeal the red card? Paul said we were in in his article, I read that before I picked that faint glimmer of hope up anywhere else! The man is in the know. How fickle were are at turning good reliable information away. Paul sorely missed by me.
    I agree pip, such a shame he's not going to be posting anymore.
    I'd just topped up my axate account too obviously can still go to the 'tizer site but it was much easier using Paul's links.

I dont suppose he'll be looking in, and if he did maybe wouldn't see this on this particular thread, but I'd like to thank him for his contributions to the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Bringing this back on track, I’ve contacted someone at the club and I’m waiting for confirmation to see if the shirt can be found.

I’ll update once I know more 😉
    Sorry Brin,wasn't deliberate to take it back away from the original topic, only just seen your post after i'd sent mine

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

I’ll update once I know more ��
    Good, a raffle be good though so others can have a chance instead of you nicking it Brin with your plus 1p

Give the kids a chance

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Good, a raffle be good though so others can have a chance instead of you nicking it Brin with your plus 1p

Give the kids a chance
    Yes worked a treat that one....

Check your PM box pal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123