+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: End of season Sale?

End of season Sale?

We are going to have some fighting off to do at the end of this season (if we don’t go up)... Virtually all of the first team will be looked at by other Championship Clubs. It won’t only be Mowatt we have to worry about losing. Anderson, Helik, Morris, Collins, Brittain, will almost certainly be on a few shopping lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    We are going to have some fighting off to do at the end of this season (if we don’t go up)... Virtually all of the first team will be looked at by other Championship Clubs. It won’t only be Mowatt we have to worry about losing. Anderson, Helik, Morris, Collins, Brittain, will almost certainly be on a few shopping lists.
    This is where we have to make sure when these kids sign a contract they get telled your going to be in the shop window but your not getting sold till its right for us will do are best to move you on but youve got to understand the club comes first hammil would problably make a good agent with his knowledge he'd look after players.a tha listening adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I would suspect that most of the players come the summer will attract offers from other clubs.
    In my view that should be something to celebrate.

Most of the players are on long contracts.
    So whoever goes - and I’m not bothered which player goes - then the club will get top dollar for them.
    And replacements will have already been identified.

The people that I do NOT want to leave are:
    The directors.
    The CEO.
    The head coach.
    The back room staff.
    Players come and go - but while we have this group of people at the club the future is bright - the future is red and white.

Thall not be celebrating when we have to sign 18 players again, with a new manager in the Championship. This season is a one off, if we don’t keep them, and the manager.
    Square One won’t even be the starting point come next August.
    We havent got “Top Dollar” EVER.
    Unless you know different. ....
    Last edited by Jules88; 06-03-2021 at 01:37 AM.

The people you have selected do not even kick a ball so when all the players have gone who do you pick to play.The club have got to keep the top players not sell them.I am glad you are not in charge of Barnsley Football Club.

This message was for Nudger

I hope that we see the departure of fringe players who arent going to make the grade. Thomas and Miller spring to mind and I also think we still have that Austrian who is out on loan, he can go for me. Although I like him what is Odours future and the other Williams when he returns from injury? Replace them with a few new faces first team ready and we have a stronger squad all round.

As for the others, if they want to stay another season, they have earned a go at that I think.

The rest of the club will stay the same unless tempting offers are made for the club or manager.