+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Some of the things our club does dunt make sense

Yes an ordinary bloke wanchai but not a super intelligent sporty bloke

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    At some point, surely, we need to credit our club management with an ounce of football intellengence that they know a little more than a bloke on a message board.
    Yes the manager is the only one who knows the players ,unlike the online managers that come on here.Leave it to Warney.

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    At some point, surely, we need to credit our club management with an ounce of football intellengence that they know a little more than a bloke on a message board.
    It could be me that's got it wrong WanChai but surely the message board, Facebook forums, etc are precisely for comments such as Rolys.

It would make for better reading/engagement if you put forward a possible counter argument as to why RUFC shouldn't keep Cooper. Comments such as "in warne we trust", "the management know better" etc are just banal.

C'mon mate, I know from your other posts you've got a brain and can articulate, let's have some genuine, respectful, discussions/debates and what not. 👍😀

Another point to note there is no reserve matches.so he wouldn’t be getting the added games on his development which is another factor in the move.

Also there won’t be always clubs knocking on the door ready to give them an opportunity so when someone does and are willing too.you have to consider it.

Wanchai might not remember the days when youngsters were thrown in and did very well. I.m thinking of players like Stancliffe who made is debut at 17. I'm not pretending he was the finished article but I can't remember him letting us down as a young kid. We had one or two starlets at that time. Also don't forget Cooper is 20. I'm pretty sure Wiles was in our first team before he was 20. Is Giles 20 yet? He's playing int he?

Warne seems scared to play the young uns yet he flogs poor owd Wiles to death playing him every position and not giving the poor lad a rest. Not only that when he dunt perform he gets the fans on his back as he has done recently at times. Is he protecting the young players or not?

I'm not suggesting we give him a full 90 mins but to have him on the bench might be helpful plus a way of introducing him to the first team. THe only other option is playing another player out of position if we are short. Would it not be better to at least put a round peg in a round hole even if hes a rookie round peg?

And no I am not anti Warne quite the reverse but no one is beyond criticism apart from our lass that is.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 05-03-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    It could be me that's got it wrong WanChai but surely the message board, Facebook forums, etc are precisely for comments such as Rolys.

It would make for better reading/engagement if you put forward a possible counter argument as to why RUFC shouldn't keep Cooper. Comments such as "in warne we trust", "the management know better" etc are just banal.

C'mon mate, I know from your other posts you've got a brain and can articulate, let's have some genuine, respectful, discussions/debates and what not. 👍😀
    Presumably it is a combination of factors as to why he has gone out on loan? We would be aware of Icky's ban ending, Woody coming back from injury, Robertson in a few weeks also. Add to that perhaps he isn't considered a championship standard CB or close to being right now. Yes he is a CB but if he is nowhere near that quality needed at the moment then including him for the sake of it doesn't make much sense. Better he goes out again and develops further. Hopefully getting to the level we hope he can get to.

So we put a round peg in a square hole then Millerstime. Is that any better?

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    Presumably it is a combination of factors as to why he has gone out on loan? We would be aware of Icky's ban ending, Woody coming back from injury, Robertson in a few weeks also. Add to that perhaps he isn't considered a championship standard CB or close to being right now. Yes he is a CB but if he is nowhere near that quality needed at the moment then including him for the sake of it doesn't make much sense. Better he goes out again and develops further. Hopefully getting to the level we hope he can get to.
    All fair points and I hadnt considered the lack of reserve games as pointed out by Clarkey.

You should never judge a player on a single performance but on the game I saw Cooper play in he looked accomplished. Fingers crossed he comes back better for the loan experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I think PW considers playing a youngster in the Championship is too much of a risk.

Which begs the question why have an academy
    Yet another dig at the manager.
    Presumably you've missed Ben Wiles being in the team then?

I don't think he's scared to play young players, as he's proven with Wiles. I think it's more likely that he doesn't think Cooper is good enough for Championship football yet, if he thought he was good enough to play Championship football right now then he'd be in the team.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast