+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Some of the things our club does dunt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So we put a round peg in a square hole then Millerstime. Is that any better?
    What? Like Harding playing at centre half for example 🙂

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    So we put a round peg in a square hole then Millerstime. Is that any better?
    Person A throws a ball
    Right hand - 50 metres
    Left hand - less comfortable but still gets 30 metres

Person B throws a ball
    Right hand - 20 metres
    Left hand - less comfortable but still gets 10 metres

Person A is the better option even when less comfortable than Person B being fully comfortable

Quote Originally Posted by MillersTime View Post
    I want to say Graeme Souness but I'm pretty certain that is wrong. Is that the guy who played for Southampton that time? Ali Dia or something like that.
    It was Souness.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Must be hard for the youngsters when the club transfers in players and loan players making their chance of playing virtually zero.
    It's the same everywhere Grist, the attrition rate is very high. And probably higher the lower you go.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    It's the same everywhere Grist, the attrition rate is very high. And probably higher the lower you go.
    Yes, hence my query about whether it’s worth having an academy.

They are expensive things to run and with no guarantee of success in finding a useful player.

We have Wiles but that’s about it, not much of a return on the investment

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    What? Like Harding playing at centre half for example 🙂
    A good example Mellow but arguably his best position is there anyway.

Yes, just bad luck striking again
    Correct. My mates Mum had a bit of that bad luck today. She's now dead unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    Indeed. Who was it who signed George Weir's cousin on the strength of a 15 minute "self" made video tape? 😟
    We actually had him on trial at millmoor,played half a reserve game...as bad as that Danny Bergera side was at the time even he saw he was no good....apparently he hoodwinked a few clubs with trials before souie at Southampton.

I think PW considers playing a youngster in the Championship is too much of a risk.

Which begs the question why have an academy
    Wiles!

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy King of the West View Post
    It could be me that's got it wrong WanChai but surely the message board, Facebook forums, etc are precisely for comments such as Rolys.

It would make for better reading/engagement if you put forward a possible counter argument as to why RUFC shouldn't keep Cooper. Comments such as "in warne we trust", "the management know better" etc are just banal.

C'mon mate, I know from your other posts you've got a brain and can articulate, let's have some genuine, respectful, discussions/debates and what not. 👍😀
    Im not saying Roly does not have the right to post. However, if we want a proper discussion he needs to put up his scouting report of Cooper. My guess is that he has not seen him play let alone train.

My comment was that the club will have done the detailed research into the player. They get reports and videos of all loanees after every game (apparently). Their conclusion is that Cooper is not ready for the bench at Championship level. His medium term development is best served with a further loan spell at a National League club.

Rolys first post paints a picture that our management are bumbling idiots who blunder forward without thought. That he (Roly) is applying thoughtful sanity to proceeding. Im not running the 'in Warne we trust' line. Im saying we must at some point acknowledge the qualities we have at this club.

By the way Paul Davies (twitter) reports some handy insight. He says the club think Cooper has talent but not is ready for the match day squad yet.

For respectful reasoned debate what has Roly seen in the player to contradict that opinion?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast